Another iPod question [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Another iPod question

ForeverAutumn
01-13-2006, 08:59 AM
I have a two CD set that I want to put on my iPod. Can I link the CDs so that they show up as one album?

Slosh
01-13-2006, 09:26 AM
Just rip 'em to iTunes and make it into one playlist.

Duh! :p

ForeverAutumn
01-13-2006, 09:46 AM
Just rip 'em to iTunes and make it into one playlist.

Duh! :p

I want it to show up under the Artist as an Album. I often just scan my Artist list to see what I'm in the mood for. It's easier to just click on an album rather than have to go back out to the Playlist list.

I know it's only a couple more clicks, but I'm lazy. :rolleyes:

noddin0ff
01-13-2006, 10:25 AM
You just edit the album and artist names in iTunes so they are identical for both disks. A lot of times the album names that are automatically looked up in CDDB include something like "(disk1)". To iTunes that is a unique album name and it shows up as separate albums. With identical album names they will show up as one, and the tracks will be in order... disk1, tracks 1-X: disk2, tracks 1-x...etc.

Slosh
01-13-2006, 10:26 AM
I want it to show up under the Artist as an Album. I often just scan my Artist list to see what I'm in the mood for. It's easier to just click on an album rather than have to go back out to the Playlist list.

I know it's only a couple more clicks, but I'm lazy. :rolleyes:Okay, then just go into iTunes and rename the album. Duh! :D

NP: Alice In Chains - Unplugged

Mr MidFi
01-13-2006, 01:13 PM
This is actually a stickier problem than it sounds, as FA is finding out. Once you rename the disc(s) so it's all under one album name, you end up with two #1's, two #2's, etc. and it won't play in proper sequence.

You have to go in under song properties and reasign the track # to all the songs on disc #2. If the last track on disc 1 was 12, then what was 'disc 2 track 1' just becomes track #13. And so on.

Hopefully this helps.

noddin0ff
01-13-2006, 01:33 PM
This is actually a stickier problem than it sounds, as FA is finding out. Once you rename the disc(s) so it's all under one album name, you end up with two #1's, two #2's, etc. and it won't play in proper sequence.

You have to go in under song properties and reasign the track # to all the songs on disc #2. If the last track on disc 1 was 12, then what was 'disc 2 track 1' just becomes track #13. And so on.

Hopefully this helps.

That isn't a problem if the disks are labeled 1 of 2, 2 of 2 in the info window. At least it isn't in the iTunes interface. I don't have an iPod to confirm this on. Maybe iPods don't use that data?

Troy
01-13-2006, 01:41 PM
I don't load entire albums, let alone doubles, but if you dump 2 discs from a dbl album and you go to that artist (turn off shuffle) and play disc one, track one, won't it just play all of disc one and then move on to disc 2 automatically?

I don't get it, what am I missing here?

Mr MidFi
01-13-2006, 02:45 PM
That isn't a problem if the disks are labeled 1 of 2, 2 of 2 in the info window. At least it isn't in the iTunes interface. I don't have an iPod to confirm this on. Maybe iPods don't use that data?

Hmmm...and I don't have iTunes handy to check, either. Maybe you're right. But since I rarely play entire albums on the pod anyway, I guess my knowledge is less than ideal on this topic.

NP: English Beat, "Best Friend" (which is a perfect example of why Shuffle is so cool...there is zero chance I would have selected that song title if I was deciding what I wanted to hear right now...but goddamn is it sounding good right now)