Transporter 2? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Transporter 2?

L.J.
01-10-2006, 07:16 PM
Somebody, anybody?

I believe there was a thread on this awhile ago. Sorry to double up.

Has anyone seen this? Care to comment? Worth a buy or just a rent?

bjornb17
01-10-2006, 09:46 PM
I had originally bought Transporter 1 because i found it at circuit city for $5. i didnt expect much, but after watching it, it easily is one of my favorite action movies of all time. I then happily went down to the movies theater when Transporter 2 came out and it was fantastic as well. I liked the first one a little more, but most people seem to prefer the sequel. Either way, I think its worth a buy :)

JSE
01-11-2006, 06:12 AM
Is the same girl in it? She was, um, well, HOOOOOOOT! Me Likeky!

Transporter 1 was great so I will defintely check out the new one. Missed it at the theater.

JSE

bjornb17
01-11-2006, 06:22 AM

Transporter 1 was great so I will defintely check out the new one. Missed it at the theater.

JSE

If you're talking about the asian girl, then no, she's not in it. LOL. There is now an annoying anorexic women that wears too much makeup though.. I don't like her much! (maybe thats why she is the bad guy...er... girl)

GMichael
01-11-2006, 06:25 AM

JSE

She's mine. Hands off.

L.J.
01-11-2006, 06:57 AM
I had originally bought Transporter 1 because i found it at circuit city for $5. i didnt expect much, but after watching it, it easily is one of my favorite action movies of all time. I then happily went down to the movies theater when Transporter 2 came out and it was fantastic as well. I liked the first one a little more, but most people seem to prefer the sequel. Either way, I think its worth a buy :)

I read a comment or two about there being alot of bad CG. Not sure if it was here or not. Any thoughts on that?

JSE
01-11-2006, 07:35 AM
She's mine. Hands off.

Do we need to take this to the STEEL CAGE? Beaaaaatch! :eek:

JSE

GMichael
01-11-2006, 07:55 AM
Do we need to take this to the STEEL CAGE? Beaaaaatch! :eek:

JSE

My wife told me that if I want to cheat on her then it would have to be with that girl.

Don't make me get rough.

Kam
01-11-2006, 08:15 AM
My wife told me that if I want to cheat on her then it would have to be with that girl.

Don't make me get rough.

she's also in the jackie chan movie "Gorgeous" and is totally loveable in there too.

GMichael
01-11-2006, 08:29 AM
she's also in the jackie chan movie "Gorgeous" and is totally loveable in there too.

Oh man, my heart just skipped a beat. Thanks for the scoop Kam.

Do we get the same (or close to it) walking away scene?

JSE
01-11-2006, 08:53 AM

Holy Crap! I'll be right back. (a blurry streak is seen running to the video store).

JSE

GMichael
01-11-2006, 08:57 AM
Holy Crap! I'll be right back. (a blurry streak is seen running to the video store).

JSE

If you see a pair of gray pants fly by, don't grab them.
Why?
Cause JSE will be in them.
Oh.

JSE
01-11-2006, 09:06 AM
If you see a pair of gray pants fly by, don't grab them.
Why?
Cause JSE will be in them.
Oh.

How did you know I am wearing gray pants? :confused:

JSE

GMichael
01-11-2006, 09:10 AM
How did you know I am wearing gray pants? :confused:

JSE

I am not allowed to answer that question sir. ;)

Kam
01-11-2006, 09:17 AM
no, jackie never has love scenes/nudity/or even kissing in his movies. she's just adorably loveable throughout.

GMichael
01-11-2006, 09:28 AM
no, jackie never has love scenes/nudity/or even kissing in his movies. she's just adorably loveable throughout.

Didn't he get a kiss at the end of Rush II? OK, it was just a peck on the lips.

This girl is worth seeing even if she's wrapped up in a parka.
Adorable is a good word for her.

bjornb17
01-11-2006, 09:30 AM
I read a comment or two about there being alot of bad CG. Not sure if it was here or not. Any thoughts on that?

Well, the scene with the airplane (you'll know what im talking about) is laughably unrealistic. Flight Simulator 2004 on my computer looks more realistic! It's almost cartoonish. I think i liked the first movie more because it had just about no CQ whatsoever. Either way they are both still pretty good movies :)

L.J.
01-11-2006, 09:57 AM
Thanks! I may pick this one up.

caniac
01-13-2006, 05:28 PM
I didn't care all that much for the first one. Good idea for a flick, but the story could've been a lot better. Pounding soundtrack though.

I may have to check out the new one. I remember thinking the trailer looked a little Matrix-like (replete with the generic Rage Against the Machine theme song), but it's gotta be worth a rental at least.

Mike That Likes Music
01-15-2006, 07:31 PM
Well, I have to say I liked both Transporters. If you knew my tastes in film you would be floored, so for whatever that's worth...
I have a general dislike for action films, but I must say I do like Jason Statham as an action star.
The first Transporter was actually largely believable in terms of the action sequences. If you have the first DVD with Jason Statham's audio commentary try it out. He claims that only 2 shots in the entire film were done digitally. And he apparently did most of the stunt driving himself. Since producer Stephen Chasman was sitting next to him during the commentary and didn't refute anything Jason said, I can only assume he's telling the truth. Pretty impressive, I think.
The second film is just ridiculously over the top in terms of the action, but that's kind of what I like about it. It's not one of those films that tries to walk the line of believable and impossible. It laughs in the face of physics and human endurance.
And for my own 2 cents on the women... I'll Shu Qi from Transporter the first over Kate Nauta (sp?), the aforementioned blurry-make-upped anorexic chick, every day of the week. Although the wife from Transporter 2 (I forget her name, but she was the supermodel In Hitch) is quite loverly too.

Mike

L.J.
01-23-2006, 09:13 AM
Picked this up and watched it last night. Three words for this movie, OVER THE TOP. The DD sound track was off the hook. The soundtrack was really foward. I liked 1 better,due to the fact there wasnt too much CG. On 2, I guess they made up for it. The plane scene was quit amusing. I kinda expected all this going in so it wasn't that bad. Great fighting scenes if your into 1 guy beating the hell out of 15 guys with a water hose. All in all, it was a great popcorn flick with lots of action and stunts.