the Anti-Qs [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : the Anti-Qs

ForeverAutumn
01-10-2006, 10:14 AM
Yesterday, the mailman delivered an entertaining little disk by new, young band the Anti-Qs. This four song EP is a very good first effort, if a little mellower than what I was expecting. Sent to me by our very own ToddL (no relation to BarryL :D ) who plays keyboards on the disk.

I'm not really able to give it a detailed review right now. It will need a few more spins before I can do that. But I will say that its quite good and sounds pretty polished for a first EP. Of the four songs, the last, Little Jesus, is my favourite. On their web site (www.theanti-qs.com), I see that this is the song chosen for their first video. Good choice! The video isn't posted on the site yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing it, when it is posted.

Thanks Todd! And good luck with the disk!!

ForeverAutumn
01-10-2006, 10:24 AM
Todd, I have a question for you...

I was just listening to some of the live stuff on your web site and was wondering why you brought down the tempo of Don't You Want To Be Cool on the disk vs. the live version. I like the quicker tempo. It gives it a bit more of punk feel. I can picture the audience bouncing around to a faster version. The version on the disk is okay, but it needs that little extra ooomph. Or, maybe the disk just loses the magic of a live performance.

ToddL
01-10-2006, 12:01 PM
Todd, I have a question for you...

I was just listening to some of the live stuff on your web site and was wondering why you brought down the tempo of Don't You Want To Be Cool on the disk vs. the live version. I like the quicker tempo. It gives it a bit more of punk feel. I can picture the audience bouncing around to a faster version. The version on the disk is okay, but it needs that little extra ooomph. Or, maybe the disk just loses the magic of a live performance.

First off, thanks for the review. I think that we were hoping for a mix between the two speeds. It being our first time in a real studio in a big city with a real producer we were kind of nervous and just did the first thing to come to mind to rather than really thinking about things. We only had 5 days to do four songs.

GMichael
01-10-2006, 12:19 PM
Good luck ToddL.

I look forward to seeing you on MTV.