Turntable/cartridge [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Turntable/cartridge

eddieckf
01-09-2006, 09:39 PM
My Thorens 150TD has just retired and I'm now looking for a replacement. Can someone guide me on my choice of Rega Planar 3/Shure M75EJ (my existing cartridge)or the Goldring GR2/CW 1012 cartridge or a second hand CJ 61/CW LInn Basik arm/M75EJ (my existing cartridge). As I'm a retiree cost does matters. Guys out there please help me out.
Thanks.

Arturo7
01-10-2006, 09:25 PM
Eddie, I don't have any experience with these components so I'm unable to help you. If you don't have any luck here try the vinyl asylum.

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/vinyl/bbs.html

KitR
02-01-2006, 07:19 AM
My Thorens 150TD has just retired and I'm now looking for a replacement. Can someone guide me on my choice of Rega Planar 3/Shure M75EJ (my existing cartridge)or the Goldring GR2/CW 1012 cartridge or a second hand CJ 61/CW LInn Basik arm/M75EJ (my existing cartridge). As I'm a retiree cost does matters. Guys out there please help me out.
Thanks.
You can't afford it but the direct replacement is the Linn Sondek LP-12( you know, the "overpriced load of old Rubbish" to quote Ken Kessler!). But you might consider the Systemdek IIX with it's Profile arm. They come up on ebay for less money than the above. You can tune the suspension and make it sound just like an LP12(I had one and I 've not gone back)! For a lot less money I needn't add! The Profile Arm has a detachable Headshell as well. I presume it's more a matter than just a new belt; LP Gear does good replacements.