Looking for examples of rockers who are into fitness? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for examples of rockers who are into fitness?

MindGoneHaywire
01-16-2004, 04:46 PM
How many can you name? Hey, I know it's a stupid idea, just do me a favor & name a few if ya can. No, not John Popper or Tad. Thanks.

dld
01-16-2004, 05:19 PM
Mick Jagger

np- Joni Mitchell 's Painting With Words and Music DVD. Excellent sound quality and a nice subtle 5.1 mix.

Finch Platte
01-16-2004, 06:18 PM
How many can you name? Hey, I know it's a stupid idea, just do me a favor & name a few if ya can. No, not John Popper or Tad. Thanks.

...besides Forever Autumn :D

Neil Peart has been know to ride his bike from gig to gig. Also, Gary Willis of Tribal Tech rides a mountain bike. Sammy Hagar even had his own Red Rocker mountain bike.

IMHO, Anna rocks, and she's pretty. Fit.

fp

tentoze
01-16-2004, 08:44 PM
Dunno much about his music (the Evil Twins like it and had me listen to some), but Henry Rollins has some guns that I sure wouldn't want to get punched with.

DarrenH
01-16-2004, 10:28 PM
Ted Nugent :rolleyes:

Jim Clark
01-17-2004, 07:41 AM
I don't generally go too deeply into personal stuff like this but a couple of things come to mind. Read somewhere along the line that David Lee Roth was using some form of martial arts training to keep in shape and that he took it fairly seriously. for all I know he smokes crack before hand and gets drunk afterwards so don't bet the homestead on that one.

I think Dave Navarro takes fitness pretty seriously as well. Given his history I wouldn't be surprised if he subsititued one addiction for another. More power to the guy if I'm correct.

Some TV program years ago did a special on Aerosmith and their committment to fitness and how it's prolonged their careers and stood in stark contrast to their drug and alcohol abusing past. Still with it? Couldn't really say.

And who was it that played sax for Tina Turner during the 80's. That guy looked like a steriod munching freak for a saxaphone player. think he was in Mad Max, Beyone Thunder Dome as well.

In other words, I have nothing to add!

jc

MindGoneHaywire
01-17-2004, 11:08 AM
Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Intruder
01-17-2004, 11:32 AM
Got it all right here, wink-wink nudge-nudge say no more, say no more :)

http://www.collagevideo.com/ItemCover/1409.jpg

MindGoneHaywire
01-17-2004, 12:33 PM
...I don't suppose you knew (or cared) that when I was in high school the local teenage garage heavy metal band was called Intruder...whose drummer was Mike Portnoy, currently of Dream Theater. HAHAHAHAHA

ForeverAutumn
01-17-2004, 02:33 PM
...besides Forever Autumn :D

fp

Yeah, I guess opening the fridge works my pecs. And lifting a cocktail glass to my lips could be considered a bicep curl. :D

Ted Nugent

Hehehe. I was gonna say Ted Nugent too. Only I was gonna say that Ted Nugent is fit to be committed. That guy is nuts!

Seriously, the chick from No Doubt (I can't remember her name) has a killer set of abs. She must be into fitness.

Dusty Chalk
01-17-2004, 03:01 PM
Kraftwerk are hardcore bikers. Their last album was a soundtrack for the Tour De France.

MindGoneHaywire
01-17-2004, 03:36 PM
Actually, from what I've read, though Kraftwerk songs have been used in some way as a cross-promotion for the race, this is not a soundtrack album. Despite the title.

Dusty Chalk
01-17-2004, 07:15 PM
No, I'm pretty sure it's an officially recognized soundtrack for it (although I do acknowledge -- I searched "site:letour.fr kraftwerk" and got nothing). Just like the Expo track they did from 2000.

For example: look at this page (http://www.kraftwerk.com/info/body_soundtracks.htm) from the official Kraftwerk site, notice in particular the logo in the upper left corner of the album. That's the official Tour de France (http://www.letour.fr/) logo.

Finch Platte
01-19-2004, 09:40 PM
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=974

I posted this over in the mountain bike forum, and it got over 1,000 hits, and quite a few responses.

fp

-Jar-
01-20-2004, 07:46 AM
I know they're getting older now.. but I know they were into Football (Soccer) and Bruce Dickenson is an accomplished Fencer (is that what you call them?)... Fencists? ahh you know what I mean.

-jar

MindGoneHaywire
01-22-2004, 09:44 AM
Finch--thanks a lot for putting that up on that forum. I was actually doing this to help out a friend & it's been very, very helpful.

Finch Platte
01-22-2004, 06:25 PM
Finch--thanks a lot for putting that up on that forum. I was actually doing this to help out a friend & it's been very, very helpful.

..it didn't seem like something you'd ask for yourself. Glad it helped.

fp