Columbia House? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Columbia House?

L.J.
01-07-2006, 01:29 PM
Does anybody purchase their DVD's from Columbia House?

What is your opinion on their prices, customer service and DVD selection?

Have you run into any problems with them?

I've been a member for awhile, but after it took 2 months for me to receive a copy of Batman Begins(also the way they handled the whole situation), I'm wary on going thru them again for future purchases. So I'm curious about other experiences with them.

Jack in Wilmington
01-07-2006, 02:49 PM
Does anybody purchase their DVD's from Columbia House?

What is your opinion on their prices, customer service and DVD selection?

Have you run into any problems with them?

I've been a member for awhile, but after it took 2 months for me to receive a copy of Batman Begins(also the way they handled the whole situation), I'm wary on going thru them again for future purchases. So I'm curious about other experiences with them.

Hi L.J.
I've been with them for over 2 years now and have never had any complaints. I really like being able to go online and take care of those "Directors Sellections" that I don't want every month. I have also been able to get 3 or 4 free DVDs at the end of the year with the fun cash that I have built up through the year. They may not have the movies when the other stores get them every Tuesday, but they usually have them in a week or two.

GMichael
01-07-2006, 05:21 PM
I am a member of their DVD club. Their prices are OK. Sometimes high but they run good specials now and then. I don't like that when you order multiple DVD's the freight is just multiplied by the qty of the order. When they have stock everything is cool. If they don't, then they won't tell you. Maybe a pollicy so you won't say, "cancel it." And then run to Walmart.

L.J.
01-07-2006, 06:00 PM
I am a member of their DVD club. Their prices are OK. Sometimes high but they run good specials now and then. I don't like that when you order multiple DVD's the freight is just multiplied by the qty of the order. When they have stock everything is cool. If they don't, then they won't tell you. Maybe a pollicy so you won't say, "cancel it." And then run to Walmart.

That's what I've been going thru with them and it's pissing me off. With their 60% off after a regular purchase deal, plus earning fun cah, you can get a huge discount. Problem is you gotta buy 6 or 7 titles to benefit from this. Well, I order 7 titles and guess what, 2 are on backorder. Then the freakin' waiting game begins. THEY SHOULD STATE WHICH TITLES ARE ON BACKORDER. Next time, I'll just cancel like you suggested. Yes, when they have stock, everything is fine.