Anyone here own Genesis:Seconds Out [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here own Genesis:Seconds Out

3-LockBox
01-07-2006, 01:27 AM
I've read about it elsewhere; some mixed feelings about it as you'd expect.

Maybe some of you can expand on what I've read. Some think its tight, some hate Phil doing vox, etc. I saw it on sale a few days ago and was tempted.

Dave_G
01-07-2006, 05:44 AM
I of course have it, I know what you are taking about, the side 4 issue on the 2 lp set...

I just recently bought off of ebay a sealed US pressing with the 5 obscure songs on side 4:

PAperlate
You Might Recall
Me and Virgil
Evidence of Autumn
Open Door

My import lp set has the 4th side of live old school material.

My definitive edition cd set is import and has the 4th side live.

Dave

Troy
01-07-2006, 10:44 AM
Dave, you are talking about "3 sides live", not "seconds out."

Is that the one you meant 3LB?

Dave_G
01-07-2006, 03:39 PM
Ooops, sorry, what an idiot.

Seconds out KILLS.

Phils version of Suppers Ready makes it worth the fee.

The best version of Suppers Ready yet, except for when you luck up and see The Musical Box do it.

Get it TLB, you will like it a lot.

Thanks for clearing the air Troy.

Dave

Bernd
01-08-2006, 05:44 AM
Ooops, sorry, what an idiot.

Seconds out KILLS.

Phils version of Suppers Ready makes it worth the fee.

The best version of Suppers Ready yet, except for when you luck up and see The Musical Box do it.

Get it TLB, you will like it a lot.

Thanks for clearing the air Troy.

Dave

Totaly agree. It's a killer live album. I also like his rendition of Carpet Crawl. Sublime.

You will like it.

Peace

Bernd

Troy
01-08-2006, 09:45 AM
It's the best live Genesis album. If you liked the "Trick of theTail" and Wind and Wuthering" incarnation of the band, then this is a must have. The interplay of Collins and 2nd drummer Chester Thompson (ex-Zappa) is incredible. It is the best 2-drummer combo I've ever heard. They play like one 8 limbed man. Hackett smokes.

This '77 tour was the first time I saw Genesis and it changed my lfe. It's still one of the 5 best concerts I've ever been to.

5 stars.

Oh, and "3 Sides Live" (on CD with the 4th side live as well) is also very good in spots. Definitely worth having.

Dusty Chalk
01-08-2006, 10:23 AM
On the classic rock forums that I used to frequent, it is recommended as one of the best entry points into Genesis, as it covers the ground of the quartet and ...erm...pentuple? versions of the band. Recommended. Dance on a Volcano->Los Endos is definitive.

Mr MidFi
01-09-2006, 06:52 AM
It's the best live Genesis album. If you liked the "Trick of theTail" and Wind and Wuthering" incarnation of the band, then this is a must have. The interplay of Collins and 2nd drummer Chester Thompson (ex-Zappa) is incredible. It is the best 2-drummer combo I've ever heard. They play like one 8 limbed man. Hackett smokes.

This '77 tour was the first time I saw Genesis and it changed my lfe. It's still one of the 5 best concerts I've ever been to.

5 stars.

Wot Troy said. As I mentioned in another recent thread, I bought this one the day it came out, and it has remained a favorite for nearly 30 years.

My only quibble is that Hackett's guitar is somewhat buried in the mix in spots. But the sound of an incredible band, at the height of its powers, trying to prove themselves all over again after the departure of their 'star', in front of a notoriously tough-to-please Parisian crowd...is simply unforgettable.

Turn it up loud and turn off the lights.

3-LockBox
01-09-2006, 07:29 PM
I went back to Circuit City yesterday, and the copy I saw wasn't there anymore :(

I guess its true what they say...

snooze...you loose

I'll keep an eye out for it

thanks

3LB