Monster Cable HTS 3500 Power Conditioner Will Improve Your Video & Audio [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Monster Cable HTS 3500 Power Conditioner Will Improve Your Video & Audio

EdwardGein
01-06-2006, 07:44 PM
Here is a up to date follow up on Monster Cable HTS 3500 Power Conditioner. I definately recommend buying this, especially at the current $165 after rebate price on Amazon.com- it retails for $400 new. It definately improves my HD Picture & improves audio sound as well. In response to HD picture, on my 2003 48" Widescreen Mitsubishi HD TV, it made the HD TV picture crisper & richer, and turned an already "A" HD picture into an A+. In regards to audio, if you plug your receiver into the "CD" slot on it in the digital filter section instead of the slot marked A/V receiver in the analogue section & your subwoofer in a seperate standard (cheap) surge protector not the 3500 (don't plug your sub into the back of your receiver either when the receiver is plugged into the 3500), the sound is also more richer, stronger/pokier & had more of a soundstage. If however you plug your receiver into the receiver spot & the sub in to the 3500, the sound is actually weakened.

Anyway, if you have an extra $165 this is definately worth getting. Looks good too.

Thanks to Topseed for bringing up conditioners as I never heard of them before.

EdwardGein
01-08-2006, 12:16 PM
Revision to the above. Actually the sub sounds excellent when plugged into the Timed Amp slots on the 3500. Disregards my above comments on this (for some reason there was no edit button underneath)

MCF
01-12-2006, 08:34 AM
as i have been away from the scene for a while, but six months ago when I was researching the crud out of stuff....I thought the concensus was that Power Conditioners are a waste of money (with the exception that it might make the purchaser feel good because they spend the money).....any updates on this issue??

EdwardGein
01-12-2006, 08:48 AM
as i have been away from the scene for a while, but six months ago when I was researching the crud out of stuff....I thought the concensus was that Power Conditioners are a waste of money (with the exception that it might make the purchaser feel good because they spend the money).....any updates on this issue??

Well I guess you can disregard my comments in that I just bought this product because I noticed a total improvement in audio & video after I tried it but I guess because "the concensus" who haven't tried this, says otherwise, that I need to disregard reality.

MCF
01-12-2006, 10:39 AM
actual data supporting the improvement? Any hard fast numerical data that would support this 'vast' improvement? I tried one a Monster Cable Power Conditioner with level 3 conditioning.....nothing...taken back same night. If you think there is an improvement great....I know things I have bought it the past have made improvements to me, but no one else....like I am on my fourth mountain bike and every one being more expensive than the last definetely makes me a better ride....before long i will be competing with Lance....hehehe...

EdwardGein
01-12-2006, 12:42 PM
actual data supporting the improvement? Any hard fast numerical data that would support this 'vast' improvement? I tried one a Monster Cable Power Conditioner with level 3 conditioning.....nothing...taken back same night. If you think there is an improvement great....I know things I have bought it the past have made improvements to me, but no one else....like I am on my fourth mountain bike and every one being more expensive than the last definetely makes me a better ride....before long i will be competing with Lance....hehehe...

Was your the same model? If not, that's apples & oranges. All I can say is for me personally I noticed a difference in sound & picture. I'd also pay more credence to people who actually attest to hearing/seeing differences then technical data.

MCF
01-12-2006, 12:55 PM
perceptions were what mattered....you would take that you thought the picture and sound were better than actual data......back to my mtn. biking analogy.....my new bike makes me feel like I am going much faster; however, the stop watch doesn't agree....guess it doesn't matter...as long as 'I feel' like I am going faster.....

EdwardGein
01-12-2006, 02:46 PM
Well I guess people just want to shell out $200 to $400 for a product that does nothing then. Obviously that doesn't make any sense but as a caveat George Bush did get elected. Based on the positive reviews on this particular model I decided to take a chance for $165 & for me personally it was worth it. I can't speak from your personal experience, but I noticed a positive improvement & personally I was hoping I wouldn't notice a difference so I'd save money by returning it. I've had mixed resuts on Monster Products. Specifically, I think their standard lower echelon cables are better then other standard cables but I think their higher echelon super high priced cables don't improve things and in some cases are actually worse then their lower priced standard ones.