Speaker Wire Suggestions? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Wire Suggestions?

ninetynine
01-06-2006, 11:47 AM
I'd like to buy some speaker wires , i'd like to spend about 4 dollars per feet I was considering van den hul, any other suggestions? Thanks!

JohnMichael
01-06-2006, 12:11 PM
I'd like to buy some speaker wires , i'd like to spend about 4 dollars per feet I was considering van den hul, any other suggestions? Thanks!

It would be helpful to know which electronics and speakers you are using. Also which brand interconnects you are using. I have found in my system that having the correct interconnects can make a bigger difference in the sound. I think the smaller voltages between components are more easily distorted by mediocre cables. Power going to the speakers is less easily corrupted due to the higher voltages. IMO

ninetynine
01-06-2006, 12:40 PM
I have a nad c320bee , Toshiba SD-3860 dvd/cd player, B&W DM 601 S3 speakers with Audioquest Sidewinder interconnects.

Bernd
01-08-2006, 05:33 AM
I have a nad c320bee , Toshiba SD-3860 dvd/cd player, B&W DM 601 S3 speakers with Audioquest Sidewinder interconnects.

Hi,

Since you already use Audioquest IC. I would stick with their speakercable. Audioquest cater for every budget and good deals to be had second hand. I would not use different brand cabling for Ic and Speakercable. Also with audioquest you can go up the range as and when.
Hope this helps.

The power of music gives you wings

Bernd

JohnMichael
01-08-2006, 06:37 AM
Hi,

Since you already use Audioquest IC. I would stick with their speakercable. Audioquest cater for every budget and good deals to be had second hand. I would not use different brand cabling for Ic and Speakercable. Also with audioquest you can go up the range as and when.
Hope this helps.

The power of music gives you wings

Bernd

I agree with sticking with Audioquest. One of the better ways to buy AQ cables is from www.audioadvisor.com because they buy bulk and terminate themselves for a considerable savings. The Type 4 or 6 should fit within your budget.

ninetynine
01-08-2006, 07:08 AM
I decided to go with van den hul cs-122 ! Haven't got a chance to see the results yet!

Bernd
01-08-2006, 07:31 AM
I decided to go with van den hul cs-122 ! Haven't got a chance to see the results yet!
Why? Just curious.

Bernd

ninetynine
01-08-2006, 07:49 AM
Well, it was in price range and the cs-122 was recommended by two different audio stores.

Bernd
01-08-2006, 07:55 AM
Right. Thanks for replying.
I would still prefer a cable loom from the same maker (at least IC and Speaker cable). It's all about system synergy. Maybe you can borrow some audioquest speakercable or now some vdh inter connects and see what works best. You be surprised what difference it can make to the final sound.
Most of all, have fun.

Bernd