Request for help from AR members [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Request for help from AR members

Geoffcin
01-05-2006, 03:10 PM
All,

It's my sad duty to report that at least one of the reviews posted to this forum has been plagiarised. The review in question was A DVD REVIEW: THE SHINING (Warner Brothers) posted by LEXMARK3200.

Audioreview.com will not allow any plagiarism on this, or any of our public forums, but it is impossible for us to check the veracity of all posts so I'm asking for your help.
If you see ANY plagiarized reviews posted to the Favorite Films forum from this, or any member please tell us.

Thanks.

Woochifer
01-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the heads up -- will keep an eye out. Given that most of us just post our opinions on this board without any pretense to professional credentials, I would assume that this is an isolated case that got dealt with quickly and decisively.

BTW, being the "parole officer" on this site can seem like a thankless job, but you definitely have my appreciation for the job that you've done.

Woochifer
01-05-2006, 05:30 PM
BTW, here's the discussion thread from the author whose review got plagarized, not only on this site, but others as well. DJ Scotty/Aruti/Lexmark/TLADINY has been banned on all of those sites as well.

http://www.dvdtown.com/messageboard/topic/11/20338/

Smokey
01-05-2006, 05:50 PM
Does this mean all of his reviews are bogus, and are copyied from John J. Puccio of DVDtown?

JSE
01-05-2006, 06:29 PM
Does this mean all of his reviews are bogus, and are copyied from John J. Puccio of DVDtown?

Not sure about the other reviews. Seems like this is the only one ripped off from John Puccio. But, I would be willing to bet at least some of his work is a direct rip-off from other writers and I would also be willing to bet alot of his ideas and thoughts about movies are "borrowed" from others. What's sad is that he was so bold about it. At audioholics he defended himself even though it was word for word. That's sad. I think he really has some deep troubling issues.

JSE

Worf101
01-06-2006, 07:33 AM
When I think of all the times I either defended the guy or gave him the benefit of the doubt, man I feel violated and used. I knew he was opinionated but I always thought his opinions were his OWN???!!!!!! Well thanks for the heads up there G-Man. Good lookin' out. If we don't protect the integrity of this place.... who will?

Da "very sad right now" Worfster :(

eisforelectronic
01-12-2006, 11:07 AM
Good times!!

Jim Clark
01-17-2006, 05:33 AM
I've been saying for years that the jag off was a lying piece of crap. Quite a few saw him for what he was a long time ago. This phony lies about things that nobody in their right mind would lie about. I'm not surprised that it's come to this. It's a travesty that he's allowed to breath the same air as the rest of us. Good riddance.

jc

likeitloud
07-08-2006, 03:26 AM
Thanks to ALL the moderators for being on patrol 24/7. This is the best forum out
there (IMO). I don't know who this person was, but if you cross the line, you should
be out. The rules here, are so simple, I guess people like to push it. Fine, your being
checked, by a pretty good crew. Thanks again guys.:thumbsup:

Worf101
08-08-2006, 07:46 AM
Is it just me... or is anyone else around here getting the feeling that "Superpanavision70MM' might be the latest incarnation of our old friend Lexmark?

Just askin' in that he's starting to link to reviews of DVD's he claims to have written in the past... He showed up not long after LM was banned. Whatcha think?

Da "Inspector Cousteau" Worfster

GMichael
08-08-2006, 08:03 AM
You are not the first to make this comparison. But I don't think that they are the same.

1) No CAPS.
2) No 500 line posts about vampire movies.
3) No complaints about how he can't hear the dialog.
4) No complaints about his dogs barking in the middle of a movie.
5) No complaints about how all women are low lives.
6) No question about, "is a receiver really good enough."

Tarheel_
08-08-2006, 08:23 AM
man oh man does this thread bring back the memories....seems like he had another name or two as well. Troubled fellow, but he loved to argue a point...even a pointless point. Wonder if he even owns an Onkyo reveiver?

Worf101
08-08-2006, 08:58 AM
You are not the first to make this comparison. But I don't think that they are the same.

1) No CAPS.
2) No 500 line posts about vampire movies.
3) No complaints about how he can't hear the dialog.
4) No complaints about his dogs barking in the middle of a movie.
5) No complaints about how all women are low lives.
6) No question about, "is a receiver really good enough."

He showed up here the DAY AFTER this sticky was formed. As V said... "there are no coincidences". This guys rapidly rising post count and hawking of reviews really is starting to make my hair stand on end...

Da Worfster

kexodusc
08-08-2006, 11:28 AM
He's got a few CAPS in some of his threads...I was quietly keeping this suspicion to myself...seems I'm not the only one. Hmmm, maybe we should just start another one of Worfsters famous polls:

Who here likes women?

A) Me, I likes 'em alot
B) Me, I likes 'em a whole lot
C) *$%& yeah! I like's em a lot
D) Not me, I don't trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die, all women are kniving sneaks with hidden agendas only trying to leach on to man after man for free ride through life, boys I hates me some women

...just a thought

GMichael
08-08-2006, 11:45 AM
How about if we ask for a review of War of The Worlds? If he says that new hubby is a pompous jerk then we've got him.

L.J.
08-08-2006, 11:54 AM
GM, you just brought back some funny memories. O the good ol days. sniff, sniff :sad:

Mr Peabody
08-08-2006, 05:30 PM
Maybe you can help me, I've tried to post a review of my LINN amp but couldn't get past the box where you choose manufacturer.

Is there another way in to write a review or a trick to the selector box?

Sir Terrence the Terrible
08-09-2006, 05:44 AM
He's got a few CAPS in some of his threads...I was quietly keeping this suspicion to myself...seems I'm not the only one. Hmmm, maybe we should just start another one of Worfsters famous polls:

Who here likes women?

A) Me, I likes 'em alot
D) Not me, I don't trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die, all women are kniving sneaks with hidden agendas only trying to leach on to man after man for free ride through life, boys I hates me some women

...just a thought

Damn you to hell Kex, after reading D, I spit my coffee all over my freakin screen. LOLOLOL

Worf101
08-09-2006, 05:50 AM

Who here likes women?

A) Me, I likes 'em alot

...just a thought

Blink... :idea:
Light bulb just went off and I "got" the joke. I'd make that poll but I'd sure get banned fer doin it. In the words of Bug's Bunny...

"If I dood it Ahm gonna get a whuppin"
" I dood it!!"

Da Worfster

GMichael
08-09-2006, 05:54 AM
Damn you to hell Kex, after reading D, I spit my coffee all over my freakin screen. LOLOLOL

Did you have flashbacks of your little printer coming back to life? Don't worry. After you ripped it apart, I threw water on it, and then Worf threw it out the window (without opening the window).

shokhead
08-09-2006, 06:15 AM
It did make things abit more peppy for awhile.

kexodusc
08-09-2006, 06:56 AM

Bah, we're all just jealous we couldn't "write a review half as good as he could". I know I declined the several times he challenged me.
Now, if it was an essay on saving the Rain Forest or something....

GMichael
08-09-2006, 07:11 AM
Bah, we're all just jealous we couldn't "write a review half as good as he could". I know I declined the several times he challenged me.
Now, if it was an essay on saving the Rain Forest or something....

Maybe if we all had no jobs and had all day to sit at home putting a review together we could manage.

Woochifer
08-09-2006, 07:50 AM
Is it just me... or is anyone else around here getting the feeling that "Superpanavision70MM' might be the latest incarnation of our old friend Lexmark?

Just askin' in that he's starting to link to reviews of DVD's he claims to have written in the past... He showed up not long after LM was banned. Whatcha think?

Da "Inspector Cousteau" Worfster

Ah yes, great minds indeed think alike! :lol: I made note of these "coincidences" a few weeks ago, and Mr. Widefilmformat didn't appreciate it too much ...

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=18413

I figure if they are one and the same, that will reveal itself at some point. A leopard can bleach his spots, but it's only a matter of time before the roots start showing.

P.S. You might want to keep a watch out for this "kex" character (hmmm, is it "coincidence" that his name starts with a "K" and Lexmark's name starts with an "L"?) -- he seems to have developed a knack for plaigiarizing them copyrighted Worfster polls!

kexodusc
08-09-2006, 07:59 AM
P.S. You might want to keep a watch out for this "kex" character (hmmm, is it "coincidence" that his name starts with a "K" and Lexmark's name starts with an "L"?) -- he seems to have developed a knack for plaigiarizing them copyrighted Worfster polls!

You cut me, Wooch, you cut me deep!

Kam
08-09-2006, 11:25 AM

that it did... happy times... happy times.... i'll always remember with fondness the "i-don't-care-what-you-think-you-can't-change-what-i-KNOW-and-i-KNOW-that-the-dialogue-was-LOW-on-this-DTS-soundtrack-because-the-soundstream-bitrate-megaplex-doohickey-was-mastered-low-and-I-TALKED-with-the-DIRECTOR-personally-who-told-me-EVERYTHING-even-though-none-of-what-he-said-was-actually-on-screen-that-doesnt-matter-because-i-KNOW-the-intenet-and-that-I-am-PERSONAL-FRIENDS-with-the-EDITOR-of-CrappyONLINE-review-and-SHE-was-at-my-HOUSE-the-other-day-so-you-can-say-whatever-you-want-it-really-MAKES-ME-laugh-and-I WILL-CALL-the-pOLICE-from-you-stalking-ME-it's-really-SAD!" type tirades.... happy times...

Woochifer
08-09-2006, 03:05 PM

Sorry Kex! It was there for the taking, and ... and ... and ... I just couldn't help myself!!!!!

BAD WOOCH! BAD WOOCH!

kexodusc
08-09-2006, 03:20 PM
Sorry Kex! It was there for the taking, and ... and ... and ... I just couldn't help myself!!!!!

BAD WOOCH! BAD WOOCH!

You're just jealous of me because I can afford real speakers made of one material that make you believe it's the real thing because they don't come with boxes that ruin the sound, bwa ha ha....:devil:

(p.s. and I can still write a better DVD review than you)

GMichael
08-09-2006, 03:55 PM
You're just jealous of me because I can afford real speakers made of one material that make you believe it's the real thing because they don't come with boxes that ruin the sound, bwa ha ha....:devil:

(p.s. and I can still write a better DVD review than you)

Now you are branching...

Worf101
08-09-2006, 06:29 PM

You gonna take that Kex???!!!! If I wuz you I'd do sumthin about that crack!!!!

(Worf takes out bag of popcorn, starts munching waiting for fisticuffs to start).

Munch Munch.. Nah, I'm just saying that If someone said that to me... (stirs the pot gently) I'd have to go Captain Kirk on em, you hear what I'm sayin...

I mean, that was low..

Da Worfster :ciappa:

Worf101
08-09-2006, 06:36 PM
that it did... happy times... happy times.... i'll always remember with fondness the "i-don't-care-what-you-think-you-can't-change-what-i-KNOW-and-i-KNOW-that-the-dialogue-was-LOW-on-this-DTS-soundtrack-because-the-soundstream-bitrate-megaplex-doohickey-was-mastered-low-and-I-TALKED-with-the-DIRECTOR-personally-who-told-me-EVERYTHING-even-though-none-of-what-he-said-was-actually-on-screen-that-doesnt-matter-because-i-KNOW-the-intenet-and-that-I-am-PERSONAL-FRIENDS-with-the-EDITOR-of-CrappyONLINE-review-and-SHE-was-at-my-HOUSE-the-other-day-so-you-can-say-whatever-you-want-it-really-MAKES-ME-laugh-and-I WILL-CALL-the-pOLICE-from-you-stalking-ME-it's-really-SAD!" type tirades.... happy times...

Now I've coffee spooge all over my monitor from laffin' till I choked... Philistine..

Da Worfster

kexodusc
08-10-2006, 04:13 AM
You gonna take that Kex???!!!! If I wuz you I'd do sumthin about that crack!!!!

(Worf takes out bag of popcorn, starts munching waiting for fisticuffs to start).

Munch Munch.. Nah, I'm just saying that If someone said that to me... (stirs the pot gently) I'd have to go Captain Kirk on em, you hear what I'm sayin...

I mean, that was low..

Da Worfster :ciappa:

Worfster my friend,

I'm lover, not a fighter...though if I was Wooch I'd be on the look out for a Tribble or two in his mailbox....

kexodusc
08-10-2006, 04:42 AM

Oh - My - Gaaawwwwddd...That's JUST like him....that's not funny - it's surreal...:yikes:

I was always captivated by the "I KNOW who YOU REALLY ARE" claims...little creep had me lookin' over my shoulder for some 38 year old, single, balding, woman hatin' freak driving a Civic Hatchback with 4 subwoofers pumping out the last 2 Live Crew CD, spinnin' hubcaps, tinted windows and a license plate that read "2ThumbsUP", aiming to run me down...

Come to think of it - I read some of the responses Superpanavision70mm has written again, and I have my doubts now...Superpana seems a bit more intelligent, and reserved - and we should give him the benefit of the doubt. It's easy to get carried away on a web forum...he's probably not a bad guy.

I haven't seen him "Thank" any of posters who shared his views or opinions in that "you are my friend" way of his...

Nope, not nearly as creepy as DJ Lexy Aruti...

likeitloud
08-10-2006, 05:49 AM
Man, who was this guy? I'm still a rookie here, I guess I missed some good stuff.
From what I read once in while, this forum was way more crazy a few years ago.
My loss I guess.

L.J.
08-10-2006, 07:12 AM
Try doing a search of threads containing the words "Pixie Snot" . :crazy:

GMichael
08-10-2006, 07:18 AM

Do not forget, "I have 3 speakers. Can you tell me which one sounds the best to you?"

GMichael
08-10-2006, 07:58 AM
This one should be required reading for any new member.
http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=14426
And let's not forget this gem.
http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=13463

JohnMichael
08-10-2006, 09:07 AM

Ah the golden age of message boards.

Kam
08-10-2006, 09:24 AM

i still think nothing comes close to the rga vs.lexmark gem (with the lex vs. wooch + sir ttt coming in a close second from the countless OFFICIAL SELF IMPORTANT DVD REVIEWS OF TREMORS 3 and the like), and the links to the carreview website he was also on talking about how he wanted to make sure people could hear his car coming from ten blocks away that slowly degraged into the mysogynistic rant that was equal parts depressing and scary. if anyone can find the links to those, that'd be awesome!

L.J.
08-10-2006, 09:42 AM
i still think nothing comes close to the rga vs.lexmark gem (with the lex vs. wooch + sir ttt coming in a close second from the countless OFFICIAL SELF IMPORTANT DVD REVIEWS OF TREMORS 3 and the like), and the links to the carreview website he was also on talking about how he wanted to make sure people could hear his car coming from ten blocks away that slowly degraged into the mysogynistic rant that was equal parts depressing and scary. if anyone can find the links to those, that'd be awesome!

This (http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=15530) thread may be the one that has those links.

kexodusc
08-10-2006, 11:03 AM
Great Link there LJ - that brought back some memories.

I kind of thought DJ Scotty/Lex/Live and Die/Aruti would have long since offed himself by now....

likeitloud
08-10-2006, 11:10 AM

Thanks man, when I get of work I'm gonna spin some disc's and do just that. It's
gotta be good reading. I just touched on G.M's threads, and that SVI was a piece
of work, sheesh.

Woochifer
08-10-2006, 11:35 AM

Ah yes, the infamous worst sequel thread! Here's the link, along with their Jurassic Park III meltdown ...

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=12931
http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=12993

Some of the review exchanges he had with Sir TT, JSE, and yours truly are linked below. This includes the "favorite concert dvd?" thread (Post #61 on that thread has links to more of Lex's lowlights when he posted under other monikers)

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=13393
http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=14110
http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=13234

GMichael
08-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Ah yes, the infamous worst sequel thread! Here's the link, along with their Jurassic Park III meltdown ...

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=12931
http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=12993

Some of the review exchanges he had with Sir TT, JSE, and yours truly are linked below. This includes the "favorite concert dvd?" thread (Post #61 on that thread has links to more of Lex's lowlights when he posted under other monikers)

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=13393
http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=14110
http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=13234

Now there's a load of memories for ya. Oh, the good times we had.

Kam
08-10-2006, 01:01 PM
Now there's a load of memories for ya. Oh, the good times we had.

woooooo..... the memories..... gimme a sec... ahhh.... gotta be strong... i told myself i wouldnt cry.... whoo.... breathe kam... just breathe....

L.J.
08-10-2006, 01:19 PM
Oh I had to pull up the orginal "Pixie Snot" thread. This is some classic GM at his best!

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=13463&highlight=pixie+snot

Funny stuff GM :cornut:

GMichael
08-10-2006, 01:50 PM
OK, great news guys! It's not all in the past. We still have some great threads going on even as I write this. njspeer is in the running for the latest version of Lexie. Has anyone noticed this going on? http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=18692

bobsticks
08-10-2006, 03:54 PM
I was just starting to lurk around these parts when these classics were born. It was clear even to newb that this twerp was clearly and demonstrably insane. Uh, that's Rudy Tutti, not GMichael...

GMichael
08-10-2006, 04:23 PM
I was just starting to lurk around these parts when these classics were born. It was clear even to newb that this twerp was clearly and demonstrably insane. Uh, that's Rudy Tutti, not GMichael...

Huh? Can't I be demonstrably insane too? I work so hard at it.

bobsticks
08-10-2006, 04:35 PM
Well, first and foremost, I don't believe that you try at all. I'm positive that it comes quite naturally...
...also, you're not a twerp. Certifiably bonkers and occassionally uncouth, but not a twerp. :ihih:

Cheers

SlumpBuster
08-10-2006, 07:46 PM
a Civic Hatchback with 4 subwoofers pumping out the last 2 Live Crew CD, spinnin' hubcaps, tinted windows and a license plate that read "2ThumbsUP".

Hey!!! That sounds like my car!?!:16: All its missing is a "No Fat Chicks" bumbersticker. :cornut:

Woochifer
08-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Hey!!! That sounds like my car!?!:16: All its missing is a "No Fat Chicks" bumbersticker. :cornut:

Can't help but notice the irony with the bumper sticker and your screen name ...

kexodusc
08-11-2006, 03:36 AM
Can't help but notice the irony with the bumper sticker and your screen name ...
ROFLMAO...

C'mon fellas, I'm sure we've all got a few past...encounters....we're not too proud of...

GMichael
08-11-2006, 04:56 AM
Well, first and foremost, I don't believe that you try at all. I'm positive that it comes quite naturally...
...also, you're not a twerp. Certifiably bonkers and occassionally uncouth, but not a twerp. :ihih:

Cheers

I still have my bonkers certificate at home in a frame. It's in the pool room. Still working on the uncouth diploma, but practice whenever possible..

bobsticks
08-11-2006, 05:46 AM
I still have my bonkers certificate at home in a frame. It's in the pool room. Still working on the uncouth diploma, but practice whenever possible..

Aaah, the Bonkers Certificate. It is with a certain wistful quality that I remember my days at the University. I also appreciate your choice of the pool room as the ultimate residing place for your certificate. Not too ostentatious. I keep mine in the walk-in closet, right next to the Ermenegildo Zegna straightjacket. You know, the one with the leather strap-downs and the fur lining made from a litter of wolf cubs.
The Uncouth diploma is another matter. You can't just "practice whenever possible". It takes years of dedicated/obsessive routine to see it to fruition. I'll never forget the level of accomplishment I felt upon completion of my thesis The Degredation of Ethical Standards and Systems in North America: A Composite Look at a World of Lust and Crime. Two solid months of endeavor, using a test group that ultimately included myself, a hirsute Canadian girl, three cases of Nair, and two cages of swallows, and many, many long nights at Binions in Las Vegas. Those were the days of wine and roses, to be sure.
Good luck GMichael. We all have faith inyour abilities. If your interested there is funding available for whichever avenue of uncouth higher learning you choose to pursue--both through general educational loans and scholarships and the NEA.

Cheers to you and all your efforts,
M

GMichael
08-11-2006, 06:10 AM
Aaah, the Bonkers Certificate. It is with a certain wistful quality that I remember my days at the University. I also appreciate your choice of the pool room as the ultimate residing place for your certificate. Not too ostentatious. I keep mine in the walk-in closet, right next to the Ermenegildo Zegna straightjacket. You know, the one with the leather strap-downs and the fur lining made from a litter of wolf cubs.
The Uncouth diploma is another matter. You can't just "practice whenever possible". It takes years of dedicated/obsessive routine to see it to fruition. I'll never forget the level of accomplishment I felt upon completion of my thesis The Degredation of Ethical Standards and Systems in North America: A Composite Look at a World of Lust and Crime. Two solid months of endeavor, using a test group that ultimately included myself, a hisute Canadian girl, three cases of Nair, and two cages of swallows, and many, many long nights at Binions in Las Vegas. Those were the days of wine and roses, to be sure.
Good luck GMichael. We all have faith inyour abilities. If your interested there is funding available for whichever avenue of uncouth higher learning you choose to pursue--both through general educational loans and scholarships and the NEA.

Cheers to you and all your efforts,
M

Oh? How exciting. Another alumni! Do you still remember our school chant?
Thank you, I thought the pool room was better than the garage. Nice touch to keep yours in the closet next to the straightjacket. If you take it out of the closet will it no longer be straight? I liked the one with the leather straps. But in the end I choose the one with the leopard skin.
I work on the Uncouth diploma in my spare time. It's an online class. But I do get plenty of practice. Although I sold my Harley, I still have the same friends. The drinking parties are a great time to brush up on my homework. But when I really want to learn, I hang out with my cousin and the rest of his police buddies. Now THAT'S an uncouth crowd! They make my Harley buddies seem mild.
I did receive a letter from R.I.T. They said that if I continue to do as well as I have been in classes that they'll be happy to pick up my last two years there. It's all very exciting.

bobsticks
08-11-2006, 06:30 AM
Sorry, I can't remember the chant--a side-effect of the Seconal, Atavan, Darvocet, Nembutal,and Thorazine drip is that my memory is sometimes a bit dodgy. All of this came about due to my beatings at the hands of the cruel and atavistic Las Vegas Police Department. They, of all people, had the nerve to call my research "unnatural" and a "crime against God". Philistines.

GMichael
08-11-2006, 06:50 AM
Sorry, I can't remember the chant--a side-effect of the Seconal, Atavan, Darvocet, Nembutal,and Thorazine drip is that my memory is sometimes a bit dodgy. All of this came about due to my beatings at the hands of the cruel and atavistic Las Vegas Police Department. They, of all people, had the nerve to call my research "unnatural" and a "crime against God". Philistines.

I read your article. It was very interesting. But you should have left out the small animals as well as the 4 year olds. I can see their point.

Worf101
08-11-2006, 06:51 AM

Cheers

LOL, that's a goodie. Not so sure about his being complete "twerp free" as it we're but it is under investigation...

Da Worfster

GMichael
08-11-2006, 06:55 AM
LOL, that's a goodie. Not so sure about his being complete "twerp free" as it we're but it is under investigation...

Da Worfster

Now that hurt.

bobsticks
08-11-2006, 07:20 AM
I read your article. It was very interesting. But you should have left out the small animals as well as the 4 year olds. I can see their point.

Well, the swallows were absolutly necessary to the INTEGRITY of the RESEARCH. What you don't understand and couldn't possibly understand and won't ever understand is that they were the POINT OF INQUIRY for the whole project!!! The 4 year olds (who were actually 4 1/2!!!!) were actually brought to the premises BY THE POLICE THEMSELVES!!!!

It was a set-up. And furthermore, when you argumentably say that you can "see their point" it just shows that you're in the pocket of the police; it shows that you don't understand SCIENTIFIC INQUIRY and REVIEW!!!!You will never understand the importance of my work and it is important because famous socialogists and people in the know have agreed that it is groundbreaking.I have them on tape.

I feel SO SORRY for You;man. And I am LAUGHING at you::HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

INTERETING??INTERESTING??? It was brilliant and you know it but you can't admit it because you try and rule the roost here at your little AV forum and my work threatens you.

INTERESTING?? Whatever; mr part-time uncouth academic. I am so LAUGHING AT YOU!!

I knew you were a narc.

...whew....push the button wait for the nurse...

kexodusc
08-11-2006, 07:38 AM
Well, the swallows were absolutly necessary to the INTEGRITY of the RESEARCH. What you don't understand and couldn't possibly understand and won't ever understand is that they were the POINT OF INQUIRY for the whole project!!! The 4 year olds (who were actually 4 1/2!!!!) were actually brought to the premises BY THE POLICE THEMSELVES!!!!

It was a set-up. And furthermore, when you argumentably say that you can "see their point" it just shows that you're in the pocket of the police; it shows that you don't understand SCIENTIFIC INQUIRY and REVIEW!!!!You will never understand the importance of my work and it is important because famous socialogists and people in the know have agreed that it is groundbreaking.I have them on tape.

INTERETING??INTERESTING??? It was brilliant and you know it but you can't admit it because you try and rule the roost here at your little AV forum and my work threatens you.

INTERESTING?? Whatever; mr part-time uncouth academic. I am so LAUGHING AT YOU!!

I knew you were a narc.

How's 'bout no more creepy Lex impersonations, mmmmkay??? These are starting to scare me...

GMichael
08-11-2006, 10:28 AM

I knew you were a narc.

That's right. Take your meds. Everything will be OK as long as you keep taking your meds. Nighty night sweet prince.

ForeverAutumn
08-11-2006, 10:47 AM
If you take it out of the closet will it no longer be straight?

LMAO!!!! That actually brought tears to my eyes, I was laughing so hard.

OMG, you guys crack me up. This is definately my favourite site on the whole World Wide Web. :thumbsup:

GMichael
08-11-2006, 10:56 AM
LMAO!!!! That actually brought tears to my eyes, I was laughing so hard.

OMG, you guys crack me up. This is definately my favourite site on the whole World Wide Web. :thumbsup:

You think too much like me. :ihih: That's very scary.:ciappa:

Woochifer
08-11-2006, 02:40 PM
:yikes:

Either a lot more people read those vintage Lex threads than I ever thought possible, or this board has been seriously infected with some virus or curse or whatever else that broken inkjet might have planted! Agh! We're DOOMED!

I can't even put myself into a mindset where I start mimicking Lex's writing style (bobsticks, you be scarin' me, man!). Somebody quarrantine please if I ever start going on and on about professional credentials, dog distractions, my "friends" in the audio press, in-ceiling speakers, and repeating stuff under different names!

bobsticks
08-11-2006, 04:00 PM
Thank you, thank you , lady and gentlmen...
...GMichael will playing HAHAs three times a night, for the rest of the weekend.I unfortunately will be...temporarily detained...:confused5:

likeitloud
08-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Well I did my history homework on Lex3200/JSE/DJSCOTTY, and got a headache
after about 30mins. The thing that struck me was he knows alot of terms that
made sense. Thanks to Wooch, Bobsticks, L.J, GMichael, Kex, for all the
research. I noticed a few guys were backing him up, even after being called out
buy the senior guys, guys named Godfatherofsoul, steamboy2, daigoro and to
some extent keisci. I read a couple reviews of his, and they were so long it was
a friggin joke. Anyway, thanks again.

ForeverAutumn
08-11-2006, 06:41 PM
You think too much like me. :ihih: That's very scary.:ciappa:

My friends are always commenting on my bent sense of humour. I see a lot of that same warped view of things in you.

In case you aren't quite sure...that was a compliment. :cornut:

So was this Lexmark dude also ToLiveAndDieInNY? I'm not sure that I have the moniker down quite right. I tried to do a search for it, but nothing came up. If it's the same guy, he showed up at Rave Recs on occasion too. We still joke about his threads on how to make the best GooGoo Dolls comps and whether it was wrong and should he feel guilty if he made a comp using only their hits.

likeitloud
08-11-2006, 07:45 PM
My friends are always commenting on my bent sense of humour. I see a lot of that same warped view of things in you.

So was this Lexmark dude also ToLiveAndDieInNY? I'm not sure that I have the moniker down quite right. I tried to do a search for it, but nothing came up. If it's the same guy, he showed up at Rave Recs on occasion too. We still joke about his threads on how to make the best GooGoo Dolls comps and whether it was wrong and should he feel guilty if he made a comp using only their hits.
Yes, TLADIN is him also, hell, I needed a score card to keep track of his threads. He
was posting threads as Lex, then would argue to himself as JSE. It was nuts. My
friggin head still hurts.

ForeverAutumn
08-12-2006, 07:13 PM
Yes, TLADIN is him also, hell, I needed a score card to keep track of his threads. He
was posting threads as Lex, then would argue to himself as JSE. It was nuts. My

I wish that I could find some of those old threads. They'd be buried deep in the archives and I don't know how search for them. I'm sure that you guys would have appreciated them. They were very much like the Speaker thread.

GMichael
08-13-2006, 03:05 PM

I resemble that remark.:incazzato:

There must be some deffinition of the word "compliment" that I wasn't previouslly aware of.:ciappa:

ForeverAutumn
08-14-2006, 04:56 AM
There must be some deffinition of the word "compliment" that I wasn't previouslly aware of.:ciappa:

Well, really you need to look at the source and then modify the definition accordingly. ;)

GMichael
08-14-2006, 05:03 AM
Well, really you need to look at the source and then modify the definition accordingly. ;)

Modify? Oh, you mean twist?

JSE
08-18-2006, 08:55 PM
. He was posting threads as Lex, then would argue to himself as JSE. It was nuts. My

Hey, Hey, Hey,,,,,,,,,,,! I am not TLADINY/Lex/DJScoty/John Baresford/ Scott Aruti/ Onkyo Fanatic, etc etc, etc. Go Back and read a litte more closely.

Myself, Wooch and Sir T were/are his arch enemies. They can vouch for that. He hated the three of us more than anyone here. Plus, if I were Lex, why would I ban myself?

What the hell!!! I come back to check in and I am now Lex? I gotta come around more often. :ciappa:

Later,

JSE

likeitloud
08-18-2006, 10:04 PM
So Sorry

QUOTE=JSE]Hey, Hey, Hey,,,,,,,,,,,! I am not TLADINY/Lex/DJScoty/John Baresford/

Scott Aruti/ Onkyo Fanatic, etc etc, etc. Go Back and read a litte more closely.

Myself, Wooch and Sir T were/are his arch enemies. They can vouch for that. He hated the three of us more than anyone here. Plus, if I were Lex, why would I ban myself?

What the hell!!! I come back to check in and I am now Lex? I gotta come around more often. :ciappa:

Later,

There was so much info, I got the cast of characters screwed up. Did'nt mean to
step on your toes.

Worf101
08-19-2006, 07:31 AM
Hey, Hey, Hey,,,,,,,,,,,! I am not TLADINY/Lex/DJScoty/John Baresford/ Scott Aruti/ Onkyo Fanatic, etc etc, etc. Go Back and read a litte more closely.

Later,

JSE
Like Dreyfus, I KNEW that accusation would get you out of that lounger you were sitting in. LOL... I read that accusation and spit coffee all over my screen. I was willing to come testify in your behalf that you were JSE and not... "he who should not be named". You? Lexmark? Nevah!!! You could never twist your mind into that big a pretzel!!!!

Da (damn they'll be accusing me next) Worfster

JSE
08-19-2006, 09:12 AM
Like Dreyfus, I KNEW that accusation would get you out of that lounger you were sitting in. LOL... I read that accusation and spit coffee all over my screen. I was willing to come testify in your behalf that you were JSE and not... "he who should not be named". You? Lexmark? Nevah!!! You could never twist your mind into that big a pretzel!!!!

Da (damn they'll be accusing me next) Worfster

Hell, I spit BEER on my screen when I read it! Thanks for the backup Worf. I thought it was pretty funny myself.

Anyway, thanks again. Back to the lounger, or should I say back to New York to Live And Die? Hmmmmmmm? :eek:

JSE

GMichael
08-19-2006, 10:01 AM
Hell, I spit BEER on my screen when I read it! Thanks for the backup Worf. I thought it was pretty funny myself.

Anyway, thanks again. Back to the lounger, or should I say back to New York to Live And Die? Hmmmmmmm? :eek:

JSE

I was wondering how long it would take you to read that. I'll back you up too. Didn't you move to Vegas though?

JSE
08-19-2006, 10:41 AM
I was wondering how long it would take you to read that. I'll back you up too. Didn't you move to Vegas though?

Um,........................Yeah? I moved in with the parents. They have this super sweet custom HT system. It's pretty much indentical to the one I had in NY except for the no-named in ceiling rears I am running. They are custom and they pretty much blow anything else away. That's what my close friend who is a custom installer/DVD magazine editor/king of the world/certified HT buff told me. But, I am not TLADINY!!!! I mean I am not Lexmark3200? I mean OnkyoFanatic, or maybe it's DJ Scotty? Hell, it's all blurry. :confused5: Your an idiot, I will kick your arse, and beat you silly! I will hnt you down and run you over with my Honda with huge BASS!

Whooo! Shakes head........... Looks over at the water cooler and sees Sir T, Wooch GMichael, and Worf with a confused and bewildered look on their faces. Worf hands JSE a glass of water and states "the Ghost of Lex possessed (sp?) you there for a moment buddy. GMichael, Sir T and Wooch did a ritual tribal dance with a jar of peanut butter, an empty Lexmark3200 printer cartridge and a fry pan and the little printer flew up in the air and vanished."

JSE is never "right" again.

Woochifer
08-19-2006, 12:07 PM
Um,........................Yeah? I moved in with the parents. They have this super sweet custom HT system. It's pretty much indentical to the one I had in NY except for the no-named in ceiling rears I am running. They are custom and they pretty much blow anything else away. That's what my close friend who is a custom installer/DVD magazine editor/king of the world/certified HT buff told me. But, I am not TLADINY!!!! I mean I am not Lexmark3200? I mean OnkyoFanatic, or maybe it's DJ Scotty? Hell, it's all blurry. :confused5: Your an idiot, I will kick your arse, and beat you silly! I will hnt you down and run you over with my Honda with huge BASS!

Whooo! Shakes head........... Looks over at the water cooler and sees Sir T, Wooch GMichael, and Worf with a confused and bewildered look on their faces. Worf hands JSE a glass of water and states "the Ghost of Lex possessed (sp?) you there for a moment buddy. GMichael, Sir T and Wooch did a ritual tribal dance with a jar of peanut butter, an empty Lexmark3200 printer cartridge and a fry pan and the little printer flew up in the air and vanished."

JSE is never "right" again.

You can't fool me, you ain't Lex!

Lex lacked the studly flatulent capacity that could single-handedly elevate an entire metropolitan area's smog index to rival L.A.'s vaunted status. Yes, it took an extraordinary man in JSE -- someone who turned a burrito-guzzling habit into a wafting particulate spewing juggernaut whose contributions to Houston civic pride are evident everyday in the permanently obscured skyscraper peaks and burnt orange sunsets that no UT alum could dare to otherwise dream of. Dude, you put Houston on the map, up there in the rankings, Houston is now almost #1 at something -- you da man! The city's founding fathers owe you a key to the city or some citizen of the millennium commendation.

So, even if this board is cursed with the ghost of Lex taking control of your brain, and even if someone decided to surgically transform you into Lex's identical twin (though any doctor who tries something that garish should be brought before the medical board of ethics and given a lethal injection on the spot!), the identity of the real JSE can be proven with just a match and sh!tload of burritos! Lex would merely torch his diapers, whereas JSE would touch off a series of wildfires stretching across the full width of the plains states! (Droughts?! HAH! This is the real story that the mainstream media refuses to report!)

So, just know that we've got our methods for identify who's really who on this board! :D

Oh, and by the way, that tribal dance was NOT my idea! I don't do line dances! :P

likeitloud
08-19-2006, 12:19 PM
JSE, Again, sorry man, I know the guys are clown'n ya, but I'm feel'n bad. Time for
another Bud.

JSE
08-19-2006, 12:57 PM
Wooch, Holy crap man! You had me speeeeeeewing my beer at the monitor again! I do what I can to contribute to the city. I have always felt no one notice until now. You have no idea how many burritos I have to eat to give Houston that nice funky looking haze. Why do you think I'm not around these parts much anymore. If I am not flatulating, I am sitting on a bucket of ice trying to recover from a hard days work!

And MR LIKEITLOUD! IS THIS LOUD ENOUGH FOR YA? You are now on my Craplist! Be warned! Watch yourself, espcially when around the water cooler! Many Bad things can happen around the water cooler. :nono:

JSE

JSE
08-19-2006, 12:59 PM
Just Kidding Ya, LikeItLoud. It's all good. No offense taken at all. :thumbsup:

bobsticks
08-19-2006, 05:17 PM
Y'know, I was just starting to lurk when this great writing was going on. It never occured to me that JSE was a Lex alter-ego.
In retrospect, though, there are some strange coincidances. I mean just in those last posts--short staccatto sentences emphasizing indescriminate usage of CAPS. I wouldn't put it beyond Lex to invent an alter-id that "against him" and conciliatory toward the rest of the forum.
I'm not accusin' anyone of anything, I'm just sayin'...
...it takes a lot of time to copy other people's reviews word-for-word.

Sittin in a barcolounger flatulating...a likely story :)

Cheers

likeitloud
08-20-2006, 05:07 AM
Just Kidding Ya, LikeItLoud. It's all good. No offense taken at all. :thumbsup:

Thanks man, I was gonna self ban myself from AR for 90 days, till this blows over
but it's to much fun here, I'm just glad you know all the cool guys on here, and it's
all in fun, I Really regret reading all those lex posts, but damn it was entertaining.
It was 3am when I did it though, and lost track of all the alter egos he used. It looks
like most of the guys I respect most on here my be done with my mistake, so
hopefully It's over soon.

topspeed
08-20-2006, 10:59 AM
Jeez, I leave for 3 weeks and this lil' gem pops up!

I, for one, miss Lexie. He was certifiable, but endlessly entertaining.

Ahhh...good times. Good thread! :thumbsup:

GMichael
08-20-2006, 02:45 PM
Jeez, I leave for 3 weeks and this lil' gem pops up!

I, for one, miss Lexie. He was certifiable, but endlessly entertaining.

Ahhh...good times. Good thread! :thumbsup:

Haven't you heard? Lexie is back. He's called JSE now. All that time we thought that JSE was just a normal guy pushing Lex into another meltdown, and he turns out to be Lex himself. I'm gonna need another beer to swallow this pill.

JSE
08-21-2006, 06:25 AM
:cornut:
Haven't you heard? Lexie is back. He's called JSE now. All that time we thought that JSE was just a normal guy pushing Lex into another meltdown, and he turns out to be Lex himself. I'm gonna need another beer to swallow this pill.

Guys, big big news! Coming Soon......................AN OFFICIAL AUDIO REVIEW.COM DVD REVIEW of FRIDAY THE 13TH................... Episodes 1-23! I have been working on it for over a year now in my parents basement. I will probably post it in one thread with 23 initial posts to seperate each episode. IT'S A MASTERPIECE! My review that is. :cornut:

GMichael
08-21-2006, 01:37 PM
:cornut:

Guys, big big news! Coming Soon......................AN OFFICIAL AUDIO REVIEW.COM DVD REVIEW of FRIDAY THE 13TH................... Episodes 1-23! I have been working on it for over a year now in my parents basement. I will probably post it in one thread with 23 initial posts to seperate each episode. IT'S A MASTERPIECE! My review that is. :cornut:

Be sure to take your meds before you begin. No more fighting with your alter egos.
(What? Huh? Yeah, I'll ask him. OK OK, just shut up.)
Uhm, which one of the 23 episodes is the one where Freddy does Vegas?

JSE
08-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Be sure to take your meds before you begin. No more fighting with your alter egos.
(What? Huh? Yeah, I'll ask him. OK OK, just shut up.)
Uhm, which one of the 23 episodes is the one where Freddy does Vegas?

Dang my eyes are getting bad. I had to zoom the monitor on that one. LOL!

Seriously though, do you guys think this superpanavision guy is really Lex? I read a few of his post and I can't believe Lex would be able to behave this long. I don't see it and I have a pretty good nose for sniffing out printers.

GMichael
08-22-2006, 05:20 AM
Dang my eyes are getting bad. I had to zoom the monitor on that one. LOL!

Seriously though, do you guys think this superpanavision guy is really Lex? I read a few of his post and I can't believe Lex would be able to behave this long. I don't see it and I have a pretty good nose for sniffing out printers.

You're old? Are you even 30 yet?

I haven't seen anyone who makes me think they are Lex. But superpanavision and (nj..whatever) both remind me of him. Neither have the meltdowns that Lex used to have. But both have a strange grasp of reality at times. Both are interesting. And both like to argue.

Worf101
08-23-2006, 05:56 AM
This whole "Fight Club" thing you go going on with yourself is pretty dang funny. Can't wait for you to put the pistol in your (insert orifice) and blow your various alter ego's away...

Da Worfster

JSE
08-23-2006, 01:36 PM
You're old? Are you even 30 yet?

I haven't seen anyone who makes me think they are Lex. But superpanavision and (nj..whatever) both remind me of him. Neither have the meltdowns that Lex used to have. But both have a strange grasp of reality at times. Both are interesting. And both like to argue.

Just turned the big 36! 4 more years until the ride gets easier.

Yeah, Lex would have blown a fuse by now and revealed himself by his words and actions. His past alter-egos were always so easy to see and "out". I never had doubts about any of them except for John Beresford or maybe it was Baresford, something like that.

JSE
08-23-2006, 01:39 PM
This whole "Fight Club" thing you go going on with yourself is pretty dang funny. Can't wait for you to put the pistol in your (insert orifice) and blow your various alter ego's away...

Da Worfster

No worries Worf, I think the ghost has left me. Scarred the hell out of me though! I felt "dirty". :confused5:

likeitloud
08-23-2006, 02:45 PM
Were STILL on this huh, I've stayed away from F/F, JSE, your the coolest, and probably
have the best sence of humor in AR, and thats saying something.

noddin0ff
11-03-2011, 05:14 AM
Should a thread still be a "HOT" topic if the last post was 5 years ago?

JohnMichael
11-03-2011, 05:35 AM
Should a thread still be a "HOT" topic if the last post was 5 years ago?

I wish I were still hot after 55 years.

noddin0ff
11-10-2011, 05:50 AM
I wish I were still hot after 55 years.

To paraphrase Paul, you still can have crazy, which could still be a lot of fun minus the responsibility.

GMichael
11-10-2011, 07:59 AM
2006 huh? Oh the memories. Where does the time go?

lovatoj@msn.com
02-28-2012, 08:44 AM
Thanks so much for the post. I am newbie on the site and it is nice to know.
Thanks,

dean_martin
02-28-2012, 08:57 AM
Crap!!!! I thought there was a sighting! Oh, how I long for the good ol' days.

BWhite
03-02-2012, 05:49 AM
Hi guys im new , nice to meet you..

rusess
12-01-2013, 08:19 AM
Hi,I'm the new one too,I used to like the mountain bike (http://mtbreviewspro.com/) sport but I like films now