Rose Bowl Looked Great on HDTV Dedicated to Jeff Knob [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rose Bowl Looked Great on HDTV Dedicated to Jeff Knob

EdwardGein
01-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Well for anyone who doesn't have HDTV, you missed a great viewing experience. Game looked visually great on HD (and ABC actually didn't clutter the screen like a video game!), I just wish I listened to it without sound because Keith Jackson should have been retired years ago. I mean when an extra point is clearly no good & he said it was good without hesitation, I said, retire, baby! Congratulations to Vince Young, the most dominating clutch performance I've seen in College Football. I hope you have the common sense to turn pro. I think if he does, Reggie Bush won't be the #1 Pick now, Houston would be crazy not to pick Young.
Reggie Bush, one of the stupidist plays I've ever seen a Superstar make. Come on, you wait till the championship game to decide to make a lateral on a long gain when you've never done this before. Anyway, congratulations to Texas. I thought USC was going to beat them by at least 10. :D :D :D :D

recoveryone
01-05-2006, 03:58 PM
College Football without Keith Jackson, Shame shame on you EG, but as with Dick Clark and the rest of illreplacable people that have given many of us years of enjoyment and colorfull commentary about the game and other events we asscociate with their names. Let keith and those special few fade off when they decide or God calls them home. Just look at Monday Night Football it has never been the same since the death of Cossell, they could never replace him tho they have tried. As to your #1 pick it will still be Bush. Vince is like Kordell, it will be hard to place him in a normal NFL offense even Vick has changed his game style over the years.

and by the way Bush had done the lateral before on a long run (High school) but I agree it was dumb, but also going on 4th and 1 at midfield with less than 2min in the game. Punt the ball and make Young go 80+ yards than 50.

EdwardGein
01-05-2006, 04:24 PM
I hate to say this but I think Young still would have gone 80 yards and scored so I can't fault Caroll. I still don't understand the last time out. Based on this game, if Young did in fact carry Texas the whole season, he should have gotten the Heisman. I've never seen one person singlehandidly win a football game like Young. I still don't undertstand USC's prevent defense for Texas's next to last score. I really hope Young turns pro as I think he's taking a big chance if he comes back in college. All it takes is one injury. I still don't know why Leinard didn't go pro and he was basically lucky he wasn't injured. Don't know if people outside LA were aware of his schedule but he took just one course, Ballroom dancing so don't say he was in College for College sake, albeit the guy because of extra summer classes just needed the one class to graduate. If I was the Houston Texans, I'd get rid of Carr at QB & draft Young.

recoveryone
01-05-2006, 04:34 PM
Young scored with 9-12 sec left, if he had to go another 30 yards who knows. But all in all it was a good game worth the wait of Jan 4th. the 1st thing Houston needs is a Coach lol. Carr can get it done if he had someone blocking up front. I believe Leinard was playing the cash cow card, just think how much he would have been worth as the only 3x BCS champion Quarterback and a possible 2x Heisman. Nobody knew Bush would over shadow Leinard this year. Leinard's passing rating is higher this year than last year when he won the Heisman. The one thing Leinard prove lastnight that he is a posed player and came out the second half and showed why he is a heisman winner also.

EdwardGein
01-05-2006, 06:42 PM
Hey I'm a Leinart fan, even though he made the wrong decision in my opinion going back to school- the most credible unverifed reason was he didn't want to play behind San Francisco's offensive line. I never even saw Young play until yesterday & as I said that was the best performance I've ever seen in team sports. The thing with Young is if he injures his legs his stock dips a huge amount whereas if that happened to a Leinart or a Manning it would be more of a setback then major damage to their careers. I'd draft Young over Leinart to any team with any kind of fan credibility problem or bad line ir a team that needs someine to ignight them. I'd draft Leinart over Young to an established team with a decent line as he's a Tom Brady type quarterback. I'm still trying to figure out why Bush won the Heisman over Young as USC had so many offensive weapons it made Bush's job easier than Young who was the whole team. I still don't know an player on Texas other then Young & this is the first time I've ever seen basically one guy take over a football game like he did. Why do coaches use the Prevent defense again & what exactly does it prevent?

recoveryone
01-05-2006, 08:52 PM
thats the problem with it, it don't stop anything but a hailmary and why do you sit in a prevent D on the 9 yard line. they would have been better off punting it on that 4 and 1. I truly think Carroll panic after they didn't get the first down. ON the Heisman race, I think it was 1 or 2 weeks before the vote each team was feature on T.V. nation wide and Young had a bad game vs Bush 500+ performance against Fresno St. that sealed the Heisman for Bush