Will Maintenance Help? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Will Maintenance Help?

stepneydragon
01-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Gentlemen:

I have a Pioneer VSX-452 whose radio has been playing like crap for the past few years. All other power components work fine; I'm operating a CD changer, dual tape, a turntable and two sets of speakers off of it.
Question: would it help to perform some form of maintenance on the circuitry or somesuch to increase the audio response from the AM/FM tuner? If so, could you direct me to the proper documentation to perform this task?

Mark

Resident Loser
01-05-2006, 09:14 AM
Gentlemen:

I have a Pioneer VSX-452 whose radio has been playing like crap for the past few years. All other power components work fine; I'm operating a CD changer, dual tape, a turntable and two sets of speakers off of it.
Question: would it help to perform some form of maintenance on the circuitry or somesuch to increase the audio response from the AM/FM tuner? If so, could you direct me to the proper documentation to perform this task?

Mark

...stating the obvious, but how is your antenna and the connections to it? If it were an older unit and used a variable capacitor for tuning(which it most likely doesn't) perhaps some judicious and cautious use of a tuner cleaner might suffice.

Otherwise this site may help:

http://www.Manuals-In-Pdf.com

They seem to have both the owners and service manuals available...however I cannot attest to the vendors service quality or reliability.

Have you opened it up? Are there trim-pots in the tuner section to adjust for any required re-alignment? You will probably need some specialized tools and test gear. You may be better off bringing it to a reputable, qualified service center, particularly if you are unfamiliar with servicing electronic gear...for the most part, there really are no user serviceable parts inside...

jimHJJ(...I know it's not much, but it's the best I can do...)