Can anyone suggest a solution for cable mess? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone suggest a solution for cable mess?

adam01k
01-04-2006, 10:34 AM
I just recently set up a shelf under my plasma containing my receiver, dvd and cable box. Its an open shelf and a very, very nice one at that, but of course I have the usual mess of tangled cables behind it, in plain view.
Does anyone have a product the would recommend for this solution? Thanks!

L.J.
01-04-2006, 11:06 AM
I just recently set up a shelf under my plasma containing my receiver, dvd and cable box. Its an open shelf and a very, very nice one at that, but of course I have the usual mess of tangled cables behind it, in plain view.
Does anyone have a product the would recommend for this solution? Thanks!

This (http://cableorganizer.com/wire-management/) site was recommended to someone looking for heat shrink, but it seems to have some very useful items for cable management. You could propably find some ties and other useful items at RadioShack also.

Mr Peabody
01-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Yip, tieing them up and tucking them out of sight would be the least expensive. I have seen some cable elevators too that make everything look nice but they aren't cheap. Check out www.amusicdirect.com the carry the elevators and just about every accessory you can imagine, maybe they will have something to fit the bill.

It's difficult to make a room look nice when you put your gear in after the room has already been built. Not so easy to hide wires or a sub etc.

Good luck