I never knew I was so loud! how about you? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I never knew I was so loud! how about you?

PAT.P
01-04-2006, 06:58 AM
Bought this Sound Pressure Level to check music level in my rental unit but check my voice at a foot away and tip the scale for my highs.I went over 130 db and dont know how high more I could go.Anybody here ever try this on themself to see their vocal range.The meter I bought is from Galaxy Audio ,its the CM-130 their website is www.galaxyaudio.com Just curious if there any more loud person on this site. :D

kexodusc
01-04-2006, 07:44 AM
130 dB, eh? I don't doubt the measurement, but 120 dB is generally agreed upon as the threshold of pain. Above this, even short bursts can permanently damage your hearing. So keep it down!!! :D

Seriously, that's a good set of pipes you have there, I've never measured myself. Might have to now. I think the loudest thing I've ever personally measured with my Galaxy Audio meter was 144 dB, a pneumatic drill going to down on some concrete....kind of like a jackhammer. But it was inside an old army hangar made of steel, just one great big resonating tube.

Rifles can top 160 dB I'm told, that's freakin' loud.

PAT.P
01-04-2006, 08:33 AM
130 dB, eh? I don't doubt the measurement, but 120 dB is generally agreed upon as the threshold of pain. Above this, even short bursts can permanently damage your hearing. So keep it down!!! :D

Seriously, that's a good set of pipes you have there, I've never measured myself. Might have to now. I think the loudest thing I've ever personally measured with my Galaxy Audio meter was 144 dB, a pneumatic drill going to down on some concrete....kind of like a jackhammer. But it was inside an old army hangar made of steel, just one great big resonating tube.

Rifles can top 160 dB I'm told, that's freakin' loud.Imagine if I did'nt smoke :D Im still doing some test for my HT room and need to go to my next door neighbour to see the reading.I played the Polar Express DVD and when the train was going it went over the 130 db at 15 feet away.Any pointer for sub with DB meter,and how to figure HZ in DB reading?