Using TWO SUBS [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Using TWO SUBS

axelsrd
01-02-2006, 08:11 AM
I know there are some out there that use more than one sub in their systems. I have two subs and was wondering how do I hook up two subs to my system. My receiver
(Denon AVR-2803) has one sub out on the back panel that I use to hook a sub cable to one sub and thats it. So how does one implement the second sub? Could I use a "Y" adapter on the sub out on the receiver and plug in two sub cables, one to each of the two subs? If not, why not and how is this done and how do I tell the receiver that there are now two subs instead of one?

Am I making any sense???

Thanks guys and gals.
Randy

kexodusc
01-02-2006, 08:22 AM
Use a Y adaptor, that's all there is to it. Voltage remains constant as you parallel the circuit. Same signal reaches both units.

axelsrd
01-02-2006, 08:31 AM
Use a Y adaptor, that's all there is to it. Voltage remains constant as you parallel the circuit. Same signal reaches both units.

So if I set the crossover on the receiver to...say 80Hz, then the receiver will send any signal from 80Hz and below to each sub? Is it really that easy?

kexodusc
01-02-2006, 08:45 AM
80 Hz is the crossover point, there's some info above going to the sub, but yeah, the receiver sends the same signal to both subs.