Has anyone listened to the Axiom EP600 Sub [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone listened to the Axiom EP600 Sub

Newfiestang50
01-02-2006, 07:27 AM
Hello forum, just wondering if anyone on here has listened to the Axiom EP600 sub, I am thinking of ordering it but unfortunitely i have no way to listen to it. I have read everything i can find to read on it and it almost seems to good to be true for the price. Some of the reviews even say that it is the best home audio sub they ever tested, thats pretty serious words considering the vast number of subs out there. I presently have the B&W ASW675 right now along with the PSB Stratus Gold i's powered by NAD C372 (mids & highs) and NAD C272 (woofers) and im pretty pleased with the sound, however i do like alot good quality bass and the ASW675 is a monster for its size and plays really low i just find it cant play loud enough at my listening levels. If any of you have listened or know of someone who owns one i would like some feedback. Thanks.

Geoffcin
01-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Hello forum, just wondering if anyone on here has listened to the Axiom EP600 sub, I am thinking of ordering it but unfortunitely i have no way to listen to it. I have read everything i can find to read on it and it almost seems to good to be true for the price. Some of the reviews even say that it is the best home audio sub they ever tested, thats pretty serious words considering the vast number of subs out there. I presently have the B&W ASW675 right now along with the PSB Stratus Gold i's powered by NAD C372 (mids & highs) and NAD C272 (woofers) and im pretty pleased with the sound, however i do like alot good quality bass and the ASW675 is a monster for its size and plays really low i just find it cant play loud enough at my listening levels. If any of you have listened or know of someone who owns one i would like some feedback. Thanks.

And it really performed. Please see my review;

http://www.audioreview.com/AXIOMSUBREVIEWcrx.aspx

The EP600 uses the same 12" speaker, but in a much larger cabinet (4ft tall!), and with a slightly more powerful amp. This means that the EP600 will provide you with a higer max bass, and be able to play lower than the EP500. In-room it should easily exceed max DTS specs (115dB) to 20Hz.

dschoellkopf
01-09-2006, 04:15 AM
I am a very satisfied owner of an Axiom EP600 subwoofer. This sub does everything well and it can play unbelievably loud without being boomy. If you are in the Houston area, you are welcome to come have a listen. If not, check Axiom's site and look under the "Hearing Things" category for a list of owners willing to give auditions. Perhaps there is someone near you. I would not hesitate to order from Axiom for their 30 day trial if you can't hear it first. I previously had a HSU VTF-2 and this sub is far superior.