After much agonizing I ordered the MMF 2.1 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : After much agonizing I ordered the MMF 2.1

guitone
01-01-2006, 01:05 PM
What a journey.....I don't need anything more than this table but there are stil lmany options and I had to do my research. The only tabel that was in contention was an older Pro-ject, the 1.2. I found a used one on auction and almost went for it. It may be a bit better than the MMF 2.1 but with a warranty and for my needs the MMF should be fine, and I got a really nice price on it...so I should have it sometime this week, it will ship tomorrow, Tuesday, and they for the test.

Thanks for lal of the help and info.

Joel

JohnMichael
01-01-2006, 02:45 PM
What a journey.....I don't need anything more than this table but there are stil lmany options and I had to do my research. The only tabel that was in contention was an older Pro-ject, the 1.2. I found a used one on auction and almost went for it. It may be a bit better than the MMF 2.1 but with a warranty and for my needs the MMF should be fine, and I got a really nice price on it...so I should have it sometime this week, it will ship tomorrow, Tuesday, and they for the test.

Thanks for lal of the help and info.

Joel

I think you will enjoy it and I will be watching for your posts about the new table after you have spun some vinyl.

dean_martin
01-01-2006, 06:09 PM
Congrats! I haven't checked lately to see what cart comes with the MMF2.1, but when I was deciding between the Pro-Ject 1.2 and MMF 2.1 a few years ago, the Music Hall came with the better cartridge - pretty good value for your initial investment.

I thought a natural upgrade from these two decks would be the VPI HW-19 Jr. in the $650 range, but it was recently discontinued. Now, I guess the next step would be a Rega P3 before you get to the $1000 price category.

Anyhow, my Pro-Ject was going to be a starting point but I'm still enjoying it after about 4 years. In fact, I'm getting ready to try it with a pricier cart and phono amp.

guitone
01-05-2006, 08:51 PM
The MMF 2.1 came today. It took about 20 minutes or so to set it up. I have not even plugged it into my stereo yet as I have it set up to record my records on my hardrive, but I can remember now why I love vinyl so much...a good move to get a good table, one that should last me for years to come. These now come with Music Hall Tracker elliptical cartridges.. The arm sure seems delicate from what I am used to though, like it can bend easy, I am being extremely, probably more than I have to, gentle with it.

Sweet Spot
01-05-2006, 09:55 PM
I'm looking foward to hearing your impressions, as this TT is one which made my list of possibilities. I know you'll probably allow a grace period for burn in, but still interested in first impressions too.

Doug