Denon AVR-3805 vs. Harman Kardon AVR-635 - which one's better for the money? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Denon AVR-3805 vs. Harman Kardon AVR-635 - which one's better for the money?

svtjesse
01-01-2006, 12:15 PM
I'm trying to decide between Denon's AVR-3805 A/V receiver and Harman Kardon's AVR-635 A/V receiver. I can get either one for about $700. I'm leaning towards the Denon because I've heard its sound quality is a little better, but I light the look and aesthetics that the Harman Kardon offers. I'd like to get some opinions & recommendations from some of you to help me with my decision.

L.J.
01-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Why not give em both a try. Your gonna be happy with either one. Look at things such as the warranty, # of in/outs, remote, ease of daily use, flexibility and so on. Your best bet is to spend some time with each unit and then decide for yourself.

svtjesse
01-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Why not give em both a try. Your gonna be happy with either one. Look at things such as the warranty, # of in/outs, remote, ease of daily use, flexibility and so on. Your best bet is to spend some time with each unit and then decide for yourself.

Thanks L.J. I appreciate the feedback. The only thing I'm worried about is hassling with the purchase of several units...I hate buying and then returning but I guess it's worth a try. :)

L.J.
01-02-2006, 07:53 PM
Thanks L.J. I appreciate the feedback. The only thing I'm worried about is hassling with the purchase of several units...I hate buying and then returning but I guess it's worth a try. :)

It is a hassle, but like you said, it's worth it. There's nothing like that little voice in your head telling you you should've went the other way. Now you will know for sure, you made the right decision. I did all my upgrading throughout 2005 and it was a long process, but I'm very happy with my end results.

You may want to look at some units that support HDMI. Check out Pioneer Elite, Onkyo, Denon and Yamaha.