Who ownes a Manley Stingray? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Who ownes a Manley Stingray?

Florian
01-01-2006, 11:59 AM
Does anyone here own a Manley Stingray? I would be interested in your experience on the sound qualities.

Thanks

Flo

spacedeckman
01-01-2006, 09:18 PM
Does anyone here own a Manley Stingray? I would be interested in your experience on the sound qualities.

Thanks

Flo

Phenomenal piece. Have a friend with one, really likes it. Too much for me. I'm still happy with my Sutherland PHD. Gonna need to buy 16 D-Cells here pretty quick. Off to the warehouse club.

Space.

JohnMichael
01-02-2006, 02:17 PM
I used to own a Schwin Stingray. Sorrry Flo but I have been missing GMichael's humor. Where has he been?

Bernd
01-03-2006, 08:25 AM
Hi,

Used to own the Manley "The Purist" pre amp. Wish I never sold it. When I bought the Unison Research Performance I also listened to the Stingray. Very close call. In the end I went for the Unison , on another day who knows. So in answer to your question No I don't own one , but yes I have spent some time with one and its a very dynamic amp pure Manley.Liked it a lot.

Easy does it

Bernd

GMichael
01-03-2006, 10:28 AM
I used to own a Schwin Stingray. Sorrry Flo but I have been missing GMichael's humor. Where has he been?

Hi JohnMichael,

I'm still here. I little under the weather though. My normaly sick humor has been lacking the last few days. But I'm still here reading all my friends posts.

Where do you keep your banana plugs?

Florian
01-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the feedback on the Stingray, i was thinking of trying it out on my parents system. Might be nice for them, maybe ill give it a try. I am loosing my humor too.

-Flo

GMichael
01-03-2006, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the feedback on the Stingray, i was thinking of trying it out on my parents system. Might be nice for them, maybe ill give it a try. I am loosing my humor too.

-Flo

I still think you're funny.

Florian
01-03-2006, 10:42 AM
Thanks, but in reality i find it incredibly sad that i have to fight so much to teach people about good music systems. Boy am i glad Mike Anderson took my advice and didnt follow the masses with some Axiom towers and some deal amp.

GMichael
01-03-2006, 10:49 AM
It wouldn't be any fun if it was easy. I think of it this sick way.

Say you have a kite. A nice wind comes along. The kite won't go up if you don't have a string attached pulling it down. You need that opposing force in order for it to work.

I know it's sick. But that's life.