Paging Audiobill [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Paging Audiobill

ForeverAutumn
01-01-2006, 09:24 AM
Hey Bill. After a 'round the table discussion, last night, about how crappy the music at the TO New Year's celebration always is, we caught Bedouin Soundclash's act from city hall on TV and all six of us ended up eating our words. What a great band! We only heard four songs (one was a U2 cover of New Year's Day) but they reminded us a lot of early Police. I suspect that all three couples will be finding a nice home for a Bedouin Soundclash CD in 2006. :D

audiobill
01-08-2006, 09:30 AM
Hey Bill. After a 'round the table discussion, last night, about how crappy the music at the TO New Year's celebration always is, we caught Bedouin Soundclash's act from city hall on TV and all six of us ended up eating our words. What a great band! We only heard four songs (one was a U2 cover of New Year's Day) but they reminded us a lot of early Police. I suspect that all three couples will be finding a nice home for a Bedouin Soundclash CD in 2006. :D

Hey, ForeverAutumn.

We just got back last night.
Glad that you got a chance to hear the Bedouin Soundclash. I didn't realize they were on the NY's slate. Their music is, indeed, infectious and has that wonderful earyl Police sound - an aside: I first heard the Police in a friend's car radio and we were wondering who in the world was that we had just heard singing "I can't stand losing, I can't..." Picked up the album a couple of days later at Sam's & the rest is history.
Hope you're having a good new year. We brought it in with a midnight street dance in the Dominican Republic. Lots of sun and tons of fun.
What's with the snow??
Bill

ForeverAutumn
01-08-2006, 06:54 PM
What's with the snow??
Bill

Glad you had a good trip Bill. It's been unseasonably mild while you've been away. I hope that you brought some sun home with you to keep it that way. :)

I picked up the Bedouin Soundclash disk yesterday and Peter and I gave it a spin in the car today. WOW! We both loved it. It did sound a little unpolished (like first CDs often do) but I think that added to it's charm. Can't wait to see what their next disk sounds like...after they're a little more seasoned.

P.S. Don't know if you've looked into Luke Doucet yet, but he's supposed to be playing a free concert at Nathan Phillips Square on Feb. 2 as part of the WinterCity Festival.