Good place to buy stereo stuff from. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Good place to buy stereo stuff from.

antimatter
12-31-2005, 09:59 PM
Geetings Everyone,

I just finished setting up my brand new stereo system and I wanted to recommend a couple of online stores where I bought this from. First of I purchased the following:

Marantz receiver (4600 series silver finish- oooh! aaaah!)
Marantz dvd player
AR optical cable to marry the 2 together
AR 12 gauge wire for speakers
Mordaunt-Short W907 sub
Boston Acoustics VR-M60 speaker

I purchased all of my stuff except the Boston Acoustics from accessories4less.com and I couldn't be more happy with my purchase. At first I only got my receiver, dvd and cables from them. They offer free shipping, dirt cheap prices and you get something like a 2 percent from your purchases added into your acct for your next purchase. Then a week later I bought my sub from them which DID have a $15 shipping cost, but I earned $13 from my first purchase so that almost cancelled the shipping out.

All of their equipment is top notch and the prices are just ridiculous. I am real happy with the experience and cost. I would highly recommend checking them out. Plus the people I spoke with both times on the phone were very nice.

My Boston Acoustics vr-m60s I got from audiophileliquidator.com. The product came in excellent condition and I got a hell of a deal paying $675 for $1000 speakers. The only caveat is that they charged me something like $50+ for shipping which I thought was rather steep for the size and weight of these speakers. Second, they take awhile to respond sometimes (I think its like a couple of people working there). None the less, I would also give them a recommendation as they are very cheap in the long run. The products came within a week of the order.

Anyway check out those two stores. They both carry a lot of good stuff ranging from NAD to Marantz and so forth and their prices are fantastic.

Filip

hifitommy
01-01-2006, 10:18 AM
it seems like another good alternative. will check it when in need of STUFF!

;^)

N. Abstentia
01-01-2006, 11:56 AM
The only bad thing about places like that is their equipment is all B stock (factory seconds or refurb) and they are not authorized dealers. That's why the prices are lower!

anamorphic96
01-01-2006, 02:55 PM
Actually they are authorized to sell Marantz. His equipment was new as well.

But they do alot of B-Stock as well. But overall there a well regarded outfit.

N. Abstentia
01-01-2006, 03:20 PM
Ahh, everything I saw was B-stock. Of course I didn't look at every item :)

Woochifer
01-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Better hope you don't ever need warranty service because these are not authorized units and the manufacturers' service centers in all likelihood won't honor the factory warranty. Any warranty repairs will have to be handled through the web vendor, and only then will you know how reputable these guys actually are.

Their warranty statement has a lot of vague language in it, and their info regarding minimum selling prices thru authorized dealers is not true (dealers can sell for as low a price as they want -- the only restrictions are typically with how low a price they can advertise).

http://audiophileliquidator.chainreactionweb.com/information.php?osCsid=fe600ca9d0f020887650966aece dca17&info_id=12