New to HT point me to some great speaker maufactures [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New to HT point me to some great speaker maufactures

gixxerific
12-31-2005, 06:09 PM
As I said I'm new to HT but ol skool in high end car audio. Could someone point me to some reputable companies for some towers. I think I will start out with some purchased high quality mains and a center speaker (maybe build the center myself as well, already have one built but it won't be that great just messing around with old car audio speaks laying around) than maybe either build or buy a high end sub system. I will more than likely build my own surround speakers if that goes well than I may delve into building some mains at a a later time.

Okay after all that what about some great mains what's out ther where should I start looking. I will reserach this for a while before buying. Cost isn't that much of a factor though let's not get crazy with any $400,000 speaks or anything like that please.

I am also intersted in planars though I don't know that much about them yet.

Thanks Dono

L.J.
12-31-2005, 06:19 PM
As I said I'm new to HT but ol skool in high end car audio. Could someone point me to some reputable companies for some towers. I think I will start out with some purchased high quality mains and a center speaker (maybe build the center myself as well, already have one built but it won't be that great just messing around with old car audio speaks laying around) than maybe either build or buy a high end sub system. I will more than likely build my own surround speakers if that goes well than I may delve into building some mains at a a later time.

Okay after all that what about some great mains what's out ther where should I start looking. I will reserach this for a while before buying. Cost isn't that much of a factor though let's not get crazy with any $400,000 speaks or anything like that please.

I am also intersted in planars though I don't know that much about them yet.

Thanks Dono

You should find some excellent recommendations in these two threads:

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=9363

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=10906

gixxerific
12-31-2005, 10:28 PM
thanks for the reply I'll check it out tommorow Just got home Jan 1 I'm drunk and this is hard to type so until then......

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D