Sonus Faber - good combo's [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sonus Faber - good combo's

KASH
12-30-2005, 05:57 PM
Hello

I intend buying a pair of Sonus Faber Grand Piano Domus speakers. My taste is music varies widely ie. jazz, classical, opera and pop. Does anyone have suggestions about CD players (not SACD/universal players) and amplifiers that would match these speakers well? My budget for the electronics is $4000.

Thank you.

Jack in Wilmington
12-31-2005, 07:28 PM
Hello

I intend buying a pair of Sonus Faber Grand Piano Domus speakers. My taste is music varies widely ie. jazz, classical, opera and pop. Does anyone have suggestions about CD players (not SACD/universal players) and amplifiers that would match these speakers well? My budget for the electronics is $4000.

Thank you.

Hi,
Just had a small session( 1hr ) with the Domus. My dealer is adding some new lines like Sonus Faber and Krell. They were driving your speakers with a Krell KAV-400xi integrated and the source was a KAV-250cd player. Sounded nice and smooth with classical and jazz. Just a tad too laid back with classic rock. But this combo is well within your budget and worth a listen. This is my dealers first step into a speaker with a soft dome tweeter and it's taking the sales guys a little while to get behind these speakers.

KASH
01-01-2006, 10:03 PM
Hi,
Just had a small session( 1hr ) with the Domus. My dealer is adding some new lines like Sonus Faber and Krell. They were driving your speakers with a Krell KAV-400xi integrated and the source was a KAV-250cd player. Sounded nice and smooth with classical and jazz. Just a tad too laid back with classic rock. But this combo is well within your budget and worth a listen. This is my dealers first step into a speaker with a soft dome tweeter and it's taking the sales guys a little while to get behind these speakers.

Hello,
Thanks for your suggestion, I will arrange an audition as so as I can.