More Happy Birthday Wishes!!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : More Happy Birthday Wishes!!!!

ForeverAutumn
12-30-2005, 12:25 PM
Happy Birthday wishes to:

Hyfi
Tentoze
3 Lock-box

Hope it was/is a happy day! :D

Davey
12-30-2005, 12:36 PM
http://members.mailaka.net/davey/party.gif

tentoze
12-30-2005, 02:34 PM
THanky, thanky---twas indeed. Beer and oysters for lunch, ribs from my favorite bbq joint for dinner, some good-to-me tunes.....

Hyfi
12-30-2005, 05:17 PM
Please send all presents to:

ME

I worked on my birthday but I had a great evening sampling more of the beers in my christmas veriety case. My wife gave me an awesome Lapis ring. I have an IOU for next week to go out to the BoneFish Grill for some Chocolate Martinis and fish.

Happy Birthday to "The Others"

Hyfi

audiobill
12-30-2005, 05:54 PM
Woohoo!!

Let's all celebrate these old friends, in our own special ways:

Hyfi
Tentoze
3 Lock-box

I'll be toasting to all of you as I sip mojitos by the beach in Punta Cana.

This mojito is for Tentoze; this one is for 3-Lock and this one is for Hyfi. Cheers fellas.

audiobill

3-LockBox
12-30-2005, 07:06 PM
Thank you kindly...I usually wait until tomorrow to celebrate cuz its easier.

NP: A Flash Before My Eyes from SB's Octane

ForeverAutumn
12-30-2005, 08:11 PM
Happy Birthday to "The Others"

Hyfi

Hey, is that a Lost reference? 'Cause if it is then you need to check out the thread over at Fave Films. If it's not...well...it should be...most awesome show on TV in many, many years.

Hyfi
12-30-2005, 08:13 PM
Hey, is that a Lost reference? 'Cause if it is then you need to check out the thread over at Fave Films. If it's not...well...it should be...most awesome show on TV in many, many years.

Yes it was and yes it is

ForeverAutumn
12-30-2005, 08:38 PM
Yes it was and yes it is

Okay then, click on the link and join in the fun with other AR regulars. But be forewarned...we take our obsession very seriously. :rolleyes:

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=13703

Stone
01-03-2006, 12:36 PM

You mean other than Arrested Development and 24?

Davey
01-03-2006, 01:07 PM
Heehee, I think in Canada they only get that one ABC affiliate so it's easy to think that's the best thing on, even though there's that Boston Legal show on ABC that's not too bad either. I've been watching Lost since the beginning and it's starting to lose some of its appeal to me. Still pretty glossy and well made, just not all that compelling.

But I am really looking forward to the new season of Battlestar Galactica on Sci-Fi this Friday. Great show. Very well made and classy performances all around. Probably my favorite right now. That My Name Is Earl show is pretty funny too. And The Office. Haven't managed to keep up with either though. And of course, none of those are on ABC either ;)

Not too sure about the new season of 24. Also lost a little interest last year in the Shield too. But the Colbert Report was a nice surprise this last year. Not sure when it started, but pretty funny stuff.

ForeverAutumn
01-03-2006, 03:38 PM

I really enjoyed Arrested Development last year, but I can't seem to find it on the tube this year. I think that they may have played with the time slot and moved it around a bunch...not sure. Never got into 24, although I am a Keifer Sutherland fan. I figure I'll wait until I'm sick with the flu or something and have a couple of days with nothing to do and then rent the DVDs for a 24 marathon.

As for Davey's list...never got into those shows. I did see Earl a couple of times but now it conflicts with Lost so I can't watch it anymore. I like the Colbert Report when I can stay awake late enough to catch it.

ForeverAutumn
01-03-2006, 03:56 PM
I've been watching Lost since the beginning and it's starting to lose some of its appeal to me. Still pretty glossy and well made, just not all that compelling.

>Dad?

You don't find that compelling? I do. :D

Davey
01-03-2006, 04:02 PM
As for Davey's list...never got into those shows.

But I am really looking forward to the new season of Battlestar Galactica on Sci-Fi this Friday. Great show. Very well made and classy performances all around. Probably my favorite right now.

Lost ...most awesome show on TV in many, many years.

Fair enough, but just wanted to get my awesome views known ;)

Just did a little google snap and it looks like Time magazine called Battlestar Galactica the most awesome show of the year too. Damn, that's awesome, but now it's probably gonna go all mainstream on me. Guess I'll have to find something else more indie to watch ;)

Here's the link to the awesome article ... http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1141640,00.html

Davey
01-03-2006, 04:21 PM
>Dad?

You don't find that compelling? I do. :D
Ya know, I don't even really remember what the last show was about. It's been over a month ago here. Was that the one about Kate and her father? I don't remember the ending. Don't get me wrong, it's a very good show, but I think it would be much better on DVD. It's just that with all the breaks in the action and the inplausability of some of the situations, it's just not as fresh and ultimately compelling as it used to be for me, especially if you have to wait a month for the next episode. Still enjoyable and kind of awesome, and definitely better than most things on the air, but I just don't look forward to it like before, and it's not too big a deal if I miss the occasional episode, like I did toward the end of last year.

A friend of mine just discovered it not too long ago and his family did the marathon DVD thing, even downloading a couple episodes from the web to get all caught up, and then start catching it in real time. They all think it's pretty awesome too. Guess maybe it is :)

ForeverAutumn
01-03-2006, 05:16 PM
Agreed. The long break sucks the biggest hippo balls ever known to mankind. There better be some frigging incredible episodes coming up to make up for it. :mad:

3-LockBox
01-03-2006, 07:46 PM
Just did a little google snap and it looks like Time magazine called Battlestar Galactica the most awesome show of the year too. Damn, that's awesome, but now it's probably gonna go all mainstream on me. Guess I'll have to find something else more indie to watch ;)

I just saw the 3 hour "pilot" on DVD and it was a lot better than I thought it would be, female Starbuck or not. I wonder if they're as lame as the old show yet and just recycle the same old battle sequences over and over again.

I loved the original show when I was a kid, but started to wince at the lame storylines a few years latter when it hit syndication. When they tried to revive the show in 1980, it was really, really bad.

I don't get Sci-Fi channel, so I guess I'll have to wait for the next DVD to come out.

Davey
01-03-2006, 09:15 PM
I just saw the 3 hour "pilot" on DVD and it was a lot better than I thought it would be, female Starbuck or not. I wonder if they're as lame as the old show yet and just recycle the same old battle sequences over and over again.

I loved the original show when I was a kid, but started to wince at the lame storylines a few years latter when it hit syndication. When they tried to revive the show in 1980, it was really, really bad.

I don't get Sci-Fi channel, so I guess I'll have to wait for the next DVD to come out.
Well, there aren't really that many battle sequences. It's a show based on the struggles of humanity, on both a societal and personal level. The acting is really as good as it gets in TV. Very compelling, week after week. Like all good science fiction, it doesn't at all seem like science fiction. It's not some cheesy Star Wars spinoff that blows the budget on the special fx. This is real and dirty sci-fi. Innocent people get hurt and "heroes" screw up.