Riverside opinions [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Riverside opinions

3-LockBox
12-28-2005, 10:12 PM
OK, I have to say Out Of Myself is a keeper. I see they have a more recent one called Second Life Syndrome; anyone here have this one?

Dave_G
12-29-2005, 06:30 AM
Not yet but will soon I hope!

Dave

richmon
12-29-2005, 08:06 AM
OK, I have to say Out Of Myself is a keeper. I see they have a more recent one called Second Life Syndrome; anyone here have this one?
Second Life Syndrome is even better than the first, lyrics are better and they added a full time keys player ala~ Richard Barberi style. Both albums grow with every listen. The guitar work on #2 is sublime, he bumps it up a notch from Out of myself. Chalky should chime in here, my sense is that he was knocked out by this too. DaveG- you should have this by the weekend, it's hurtling your way at Cliff Claven's top speed. need more convincing?? http://www.dprp.net/reviews/200562.html#riverside1 http://www.progressiveears.com/Default.asp?bhcp=1 I see they're on alot of progears top ten of 2005 lists, they'd be in my top 3 easy.

-Jar-
12-29-2005, 02:54 PM
I've never heard of this group before last week, and in the past couple days I've seen them mentioned a couple of different places.

Will have to find some samples.

-jar

Dusty Chalk
01-04-2006, 01:05 PM
Chalky should chime in here, my sense is that he was knocked out by this too.Your sense is correct. That first track alone makes it worth the price of entry in my book. As a whole, I ended up liking the new Zero Hour more, but I still dig it quite a bit and have been listening to it on and off.

Dave_G
01-04-2006, 01:08 PM
This band is okay, nothing earth shattering, just good 'ol regular prog, kind of.

But I've only listened a few times so I can't really judge just yet.

What I have been really digging is the latest Karmakanic, "Wheel of Life", it is excellent.

And IQ's "Dark Matter". Man oh man that stuff is something else.

Dave

3-LockBox
01-04-2006, 07:39 PM
And IQ's "Dark Matter". Man oh man that stuff is something else.

Dave

I have that one, and I really like the first track; its a really good o' fashioned extended prog tune. I kinda like the last track too, though the anti-U.S. political sentiment of the lyrics bugs me a little.

I have Seventh House on order and hopefully, I'll be getting it soon. Troy sent me a comp 2 years ago with a couple of tunes from SH on it and I thought they were pretty good.

Dave_G
01-05-2006, 06:17 AM
If you like Seventh House, which I'm sure you will, you would enjoy "Ever" as well.

And I also strongly recommend "Subterenea", it is excellent too.

Do you have any Pallas?

Dave

3-LockBox
01-05-2006, 07:56 PM
If you like Seventh House, which I'm sure you will, you would enjoy "Ever" as well.

And I also strongly recommend "Subterenea", it is excellent too.

Do you have any Pallas?

Dave

I own Subterranea...if you do a search, you'll remember that I kinda ripped it a little, though I still enjoy listening to parts of it. It just didn't bowl me over.

and I once owned Pallas:The Cross & The Crucible, but traded it with someone else (can't remember who) from this board. I found it to lack any real bite; too keyboard oriented_I wanted more kick-a$$ guitar_thought they were an IQ clone.