bose speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : bose speakers

lostboy
12-28-2005, 06:18 PM
Hi--please dont laugh cuz I really am out of my realm with audio tech, Heres my question---I have a set of old bose 6.2 (direct reflecting?) speakers. circa mid 80's. one of the woofers is blown is it worth getting it repaired or putting in new woofers or should I pitch them? I always liked them but im not sure if they're worth fixing. Would bose woofers be available seperately or would another brand be feasable? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated Thanks--Jim

N. Abstentia
12-28-2005, 08:37 PM
You'll need to get an actual Bose speaker from Bose because of their oddities. Whether or not it will be worth it is up to you. I wouldn't imagine a replacement driver would cost over $50 though, even from Bose.

calegrant
12-28-2005, 10:50 PM
Are you happy with the sound quality before the problem? If so of course it's worth it! You'll pay much less than a new set of comparable sounding speakers and regardless of what people say about bose here, the sound is good enough for many people. Like said previously, you can't just buy a replacement driver at a place like parts express, you'll have to contact bose directly to have any luck repairing the blown driver. Good luck!

bjornb17
12-29-2005, 06:32 AM
I <3 BoSe

JohnMichael
12-29-2005, 09:27 AM
I <3 Bose

LMAO. Thanks

BEETLEMAN
12-29-2005, 02:21 PM
I cant remember but i think it was madisound or speakersonly that had a direct replacement for most of the bose (oddities) out there. youll have to do some web cruising.

lostboy
12-29-2005, 08:28 PM
Thanks