'06 releases you are looking forward to [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : '06 releases you are looking forward to

Duds
12-28-2005, 08:19 AM
Tool
Rush
Lacuna Coil
In Flames (have an advance copy, excellent metal disc)
Gathering - Mandylion deluxe re-issue
Devin Townsend Band
Type O Negative dvd

BinFrog
12-28-2005, 09:17 AM
Rush
Pearl Jam

PDK
12-28-2005, 10:00 AM
Nine Black Alps: Everything Is
Waiting for the USA release in February. I picked up the UK release from ChangesOne (no longer in South Shields) and heard the US release is to have some track differences. Manchester's version of Nirvana? "Everybody Is" seems to suggest so but not quite the case...

Davey
12-28-2005, 01:41 PM
I have a few favorites on my wishlist that have firm release dates - probably wind up with most of them at some point unless I hear some really bad reports - the Beth Orton is kind of intriguing since this one is a Jim O'Rourke production which is a big plus for me, and I heard a song on the radio from it that sounded pretty nice. That Deadstring Brothers is kind of a nice dose of the Band mixed with the glimmer twins. Got an early release in Europe a couple months ago. Some hi-rez mp3 on the Bloodshot site - I posted links for 3 of them at obner in the 2006 sticky. Also very intrigued by the Mark Lanegan disc. Loved his sound with PJ Harvey. And Chan and Neko are automatics for me. And that last Josh Ritter was very nice as a few of us around here discovered. Talented guy. Ray Davies? Ray Davies! Finally!

Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan - Ballads Of The Broken Seas (04.04)
Josh Ritter - The Animal Years (04.04)
Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings The Flood (03.07)
The Deadstring Brothers - Starving Winter Report (02.21)
Beth Orton - Comfort of Strangers (02.07)
Ray Davies - Other People's Lives (02.07)
Cat Power - The Greatest (01.24)

tentoze
12-28-2005, 04:19 PM
Only one on the radar is a new release from Willie Nile in February, the 22nd, I think- I believe it's called The Streets of New York, and I've read some good things about it somewhere along the line. Willie's mah boy.

3-LockBox
12-29-2005, 12:27 AM
Tool
Rush
Lacuna Coil
In Flames (have an advance copy, excellent metal disc)
Gathering - Mandylion deluxe re-issue
Devin Townsend Band
Type O Negative dvd

I didn't know Rush had a new one coming out...lets hope they're reconsidered that wall-o-sound approach

I second the Tool and Lacuna Coil, I'd also add OSI as well.