Why in the world [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Why in the world

s dog
12-27-2005, 08:47 PM
is the best college football game of the year [ usc vs texas] being shown in the middle of the week , that makes it ruff on us guys who work nights, why not sat or sun when most people are off work, i bet it will be in HD to darn it.

Kam
12-28-2005, 12:04 AM
more ad revenue. college football is all about the cash.

EdwardGein
12-28-2005, 12:53 AM
Just call in sick, that's the easiest thing to do and don't tell anyone that you're PO'd its on when your working. If you already did, then call in sick a day ahead of time & take 2 days off.
Where is Jeff Knob, now, LOL!

s dog
12-28-2005, 08:49 PM
more ad revenue. college football is all about the cash.
I figured it had something to do with money.

topspeed
12-28-2005, 10:26 PM
Like Kam said, it's all about the Benjamins. Why do you think the proposed playoff system is always shot down? The bowl system is a cash cow for the universities, plain and simple. If it was really about making the season too long for student/atheletes, as El Presidente's would like you to believe, they wouldn't have voted in a 5th BCS bowl. Remember, the payout for a BCS bowl is in the very comfy neighborhood of $14,000,000. The Championship game: $17,000,000.

No, the decimal is in the right place.

"Ahh, I see!" said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw...

As a 'SC Alumni and diehard fan (both of my kids could sing the fight song at the age of two), I can assure you that I don't appreciate the morons at the BCS scheduling the championship game three days after New Year's. First off, they are completely disregarding tradition. Secondly, it makes attending these games a royal pain in the a$$! When they land in the middle of the week, like last year's Orange Bowl, this year's Rose, and next year's Fiesta, it wreaks complete havoc on a working man's schedule! When you include travel time into the equation, you basically throw away an entire week!

Nice job there, BCS.

You pinheads.

Kam
12-29-2005, 08:29 AM
Like Kam said, it's all about the Benjamins. Why do you think the proposed playoff system is always shot down? The bowl system is a cash cow for the universities, plain and simple. If it was really about making the season too long for student/atheletes, as El Presidente's would like you to believe, they wouldn't have voted in a 5th BCS bowl. Remember, the payout for a BCS bowl is in the very comfy neighborhood of $14,000,000. The Championship game: $17,000,000.

No, the decimal is in the right place.

"Ahh, I see!" said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw...

As a 'SC Alumni and diehard fan (both of my kids could sing the fight song at the age of two), I can assure you that I don't appreciate the morons at the BCS scheduling the championship game three days after New Year's. First off, they are completely disregarding tradition. Secondly, it makes attending these games a royal pain in the a$$! When they land in the middle of the week, like last year's Orange Bowl, this year's Rose, and next year's Fiesta, it wreaks complete havoc on a working man's schedule! When you include travel time into the equation, you basically throw away an entire week!

Nice job there, BCS.

You pinheads.

just to jump on the bcs bashing (something i love to do) but read something very insightful on sports illustrated or sportsline (that obviously hasnt shown up on espn yet). the abc announcers and the bcs officials had better not EVER mention usc as three time national champions. Personally i think they are, but not according to the bcs, which crowned LSU the champs the year USC didnt even play for the "championship". Am wracking my brain now to remember if any abc announcer has mentioned it, and i swear they have, the whole legendary difficulty of winning 3 national championships. tsk tsk. that's awefully shortsighted of them for claiming the team they left out of their lil boys club game they now want to include back in. as far as the bcs goes, USC is going for back-to-back championships. as far as the rest of the world (sans lsu) goes, usc is going for three. nice to see how in-tune with the rest of the world the bcs is.

Eric Z
12-29-2005, 09:00 AM
wow, people really still enjoy college football? nice playoff system; or the lack of one i should say. it's a joke!

robert393
12-29-2005, 09:06 AM
....i bet it will be in HD tooOh yeah, it's in HD!! Record it with an HD-DVR, don't listen to the radio or watch any TV, and tell your friends to keep the score to themselves! Then go home, relax, and watch it and be able to skip all the commercials!
Robert

topspeed
12-29-2005, 11:15 AM
Kam,

I read that article, too. Didja read the one about how an entrepreneur at 'SC was sent a nice little letter in legalese telling him to stop selling t-shirts with "Three-Pete" across the front? It was the law firm representing Riles & Co, as in Pat Riley, former coach of the Lakers that trademarked "Three-Peat" after their back-to-back championships. Apparently, "Three-Pete" is a little too close for comfort for those guys. Can you believe that?

Kam
12-29-2005, 11:22 AM
Kam,

I read that article, too. Didja read the one about how an entrepreneur at 'SC was sent a nice little letter in legalese telling him to stop selling t-shirts with "Three-Pete" across the front? It was the law firm representing Riles & Co, as in Pat Riley, former coach of the Lakers that trademarked "Three-Peat" after their back-to-back championships. Apparently, "Three-Pete" is a little too close for comfort for those guys. Can you believe that?

ridiculous the lengths people go to in order to protect their monopoly of wealth. dont get me started, just watched the documentary, The Corporation and am thoroughly depressed at humanity and my own part in it.

GMichael
12-29-2005, 11:37 AM
Hey! Don't you people know that I have a patent on the word "the"? If you keep using "the" in your writing or talking I will have no choice but to get my lawyer after you.

I get .02 for each usage.