Minty Fisher 500-C on ebay [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Minty Fisher 500-C on ebay

Geoffcin
12-27-2005, 02:09 PM
Was doing some looking on ebay for vintage gear (I'm an addict), and this puppy caught my eye;

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fisher-500-C-Tube-Receiver-Restored-Pristine-PICS_W0QQitemZ5845037731QQcategoryZ50596QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

The really special thing about this one is that it's been upgraded for "modern" usage. The big plus in my eyes is that it's had cathode resistors added to the output tubes. With this if you blow an output tube your output transformers are protected. That right there can save you a lot of drama if you get a bit carried away, as I've been know to do!

ericl
12-27-2005, 04:31 PM
hey geoff
That's a sweet one. I sold my fisher. I immediately regretted it. Now I'm thinking about ditching my Klipsch Cornwalls. Vintage stuff is nice but I just don't have the space for it, and it's just not .. compatible with my needs and listening habits right now - very little radio and vinyl, lots of digital, ht.

in answer to your PM: YES!

Geoffcin
12-27-2005, 04:45 PM
hey geoff
That's a sweet one. I sold my fisher. I immediately regretted it. Now I'm thinking about ditching my Klipsch Cornwalls. Vintage stuff is nice but I just don't have the space for it, and it's just not

in answer to your PM: YES!

If you like me evetually you would have toasted it, and repacing the tubes AND the output transfomers would be a big hit.

By all means change out the Cornwalls. Varity is the spice of audio, there's a lot more goodies to check out! You can always go back!