Ramstein - Reise Reise [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ramstein - Reise Reise

Mr Peabody
12-27-2005, 09:03 AM
I've listened to this album a few times now and felt compelled to post on it because it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. This is my first Ramstein album. I was half expecting a one speed fits all type of album with hard driving heavy tracks. Although this is technically a Metal album it is a versatile, melodic at times and engaging piece of music. This is an album i can put on and listen to when I'm in the mood to listen. Which is a compliment. Ramstein is able to convey intensity and emotion via background singers and keyboard accompaniment. They are able to shift the song into a slower or faster gear to get their point across or set you up for delivering the goods. I guess you can tell I liked this album quite a bit and was pleasantly surprised.

Many recommended Sucht as a place to start but the samples I heard of this album sounded a bit electronica. Any thoughts on that?

3-LockBox
12-27-2005, 07:20 PM
[QUOTE=Mr Peabody]I've listened to this album a few times now and felt compelled to post on it because it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. This is my first Ramstein album. I was half expecting a one speed fits all type of album with hard driving heavy tracks. Although this is technically a Metal album it is a versatile, melodic at times and engaging piece of music. This is an album i can put on and listen to when I'm in the mood to listen. Which is a compliment. Ramstein is able to convey intensity and emotion via background singers and keyboard accompaniment. They are able to shift the song into a slower or faster gear to get their point across or set you up for delivering the goods. I guess you can tell I liked this album quite a bit and was pleasantly surprised.
QUOTE]

I've been seeing this at the stores when I go and I've been gettings recs elsewhere...maybe I need to put this on my wish list.

djreef
01-03-2006, 12:43 PM
It's a good CD to work out to.

DJ

Dusty Chalk
01-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Many recommended Sucht as a place to start but the samples I heard of this album sounded a bit electronica. Any thoughts on that?Yeah, they have more audible synthetics on the first album, that's probably why it's my favourite. But I wouldn't call it electronica.