Another Year End Comp Up For Grabs [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Another Year End Comp Up For Grabs

Jim Clark
12-27-2005, 08:53 AM
The pendulum has kind of swung the other way this year. At one point there were comps everywhere, this year, not so many. Anywayz, to help fill the void I'm offering this one for anyone who wants it. I didn't get nearly so many CDs this year so several of the cuts are from semi-prevelant (around here at least) discs. Others are not so well known. As could be predicted there's a wide range of music on the disc: Indie, Electroclash, Synthpop, Rock, New Wave'ish and then some. If you want one, just post or PM me. If I don't know where you live you'll need to PM your address to me.

jc's 2005 Y.E.C.:
1. War on Sound (edit) – Moonbabies
2. 7, 4 (Shoreline) – Broken Social Scene
3. He Lied About Death – Stars
4. Fingers In The Factories – Editors
5. Destroy Everything You Touch – Ladytron
6. Precious – Depeche Mode
7. Victorian Ice – British Sea Power
8. Abel – The National
9. Cool Kids Keep – The American Analog Set
10. Continuation – John Vanderslice
11. Shut Your Eyes – Shout Out Louds
12. Fancy Claps – Wolf Parade
13. So Begins Our Alabee – Of Montreal
14. Luno – Bloc Party
15. Let The Cool Goddess Rust Away – Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
16. Do You Remember Riley? – The Legends
17. So Far, So What – Calla
18. Hoppipolla – Sigur Ros

But wait...there's more! If you want you could also receive a copy of my very cool little bonus disc-2005 ALIVE! This features some more of my favorite tracks of 2005 but these are culled from bootleg recordings. Most have outstanding sound and none are sourced from MP3's. If you want one or the other, or both, just let me know.

jc's 2005: Alive

1. You Say You Lie – The Raveonettes
2. No Wow – The Kills
3. Munich – Editors
4. This Modern Love - Bloc Party
5. Details Of The War - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
6. Please Stand By – British Sea Power
7. Shine A Light - Wolf Parade
8. Secret Meeting - The National
9. Your Ex-Lover Is Dead – Stars
10. One, Two, Three Lots/Bells – Electrelane
11. Don’t Save Us From The Flames – M83
12. Glosoli – Sigur Ros
13. Breath (acoustic version) - Erasure

Best regards and may you all have a great 2006,
jc

Davey
12-27-2005, 09:20 AM
I'd like to get a copy of both the dead one and the alive one, please! Doesn't look like you stayed up late fretting about the titles, eh? Hehehehey, those look nice Jim. I've heard hardly any of the albums you used, probably no more than 4 or 5. Does the presence of a track by the Legends signify that you quit bitc[h]ing and bought a Swedish copy? Good stuff? I saw that the LP is available from Darla here in CA with a couple extra tracks, but no CD. Kind of like when Neon Golden first came out. Must be a pretty short CD if they could stick bonus tracks on a single LP?.

Thanks in advance. Happy new year in advance. See ya later bye.

Jim Clark
12-27-2005, 09:30 AM
I'd like to get a copy of both the dead one and the alive one, please! Doesn't look like you stayed up late fretting about the titles, eh? Hehehehey, those look nice Jim. I've heard hardly any of the albums you used, probably no more than 4 or 5. Does the presence of a track by the Legends signify that you quit bitc[h]ing and bought a Swedish copy? Good stuff? I saw that the LP is available from Darla here in CA with a couple extra tracks, but no CD. Kind of like when Neon Golden first came out. Must be a pretty short CD if they could stick bonus tracks on a single LP?.

Thanks in advance. Happy new year in advance. See ya later bye.

The Legends disc is a tale of two discs, very bizarre. The first half is very much similar to the Cure, I don't really like all that much. The second half is very similar to the first Legends disc, and of course jimmy likes that one a whole lot. And no, I didn't plunk down the cash for the disc yet. I got a preview copy from some nice soul at Obner via YSI. Next I inquired at the record store and was still suffering from sticker shock. The pierced and tatooed girl with pink hair said she knew a guy who knew a guy and thought I could get a real preview while I wait for it to come down to sane levels. The wait continues.

jc

-Jar-
12-27-2005, 01:14 PM
Hit me Jim.. need my address in loverly Parma?

Jim Clark
12-27-2005, 02:38 PM
Hit me Jim.. need my address in loverly Parma?

Negatory.

jc

nobody
12-27-2005, 04:27 PM
I'd like the pair if possible.

Finch Platte
12-27-2005, 07:18 PM
I'd like to check them both out, if you'd be so kind.

I could return the flavor by sending along a couple of the discs I bought in '05. Lemme know if you'd like a list.

Thanks!

fp

Jim Clark
12-27-2005, 10:02 PM
I'd like the pair if possible.

You know it is. It's possible for anybody. You don't have to be somebody.

jc

Jim Clark
12-27-2005, 10:03 PM
I'd like to check them both out, if you'd be so kind.

I could return the flavor by sending along a couple of the discs I bought in '05. Lemme know if you'd like a list.

Thanks!

fp

no need. Even though I'm sure you're on the naughty list, you know you're covered by this Santa.

jc

3-LockBox
12-29-2005, 12:21 AM
I'd like one too, please!

Do you still have my addy?

Don't know if I have anything you'd be interested in, if you've read any of my posts, that's pretty much what I gotz.

Ex Lion Tamer
12-29-2005, 10:43 AM
I hate to sound greedy, but; gimmee, gimmee, gimmee, gimmee...both . Please and thank you.

If you be requiring an address, well just let me know.

PDK
12-29-2005, 01:05 PM
Excellent! My Best of 2005 comp is somewhat similar to yours. I'm hoping to have my website updated soon to highlight it. It is kind of funny that we chose different songs by the same artist. MIne contains "Over and Over" by ClapYHSY, "Blood" from the Editors, "Please Stand Up" BSP, "Good Ones" The Kills, "Grounds for Divorce" Wolf Parade, "Positive Tension" Block Party. I debated The Raveonettes but couldnt' have everything I listened to go on...

Jim Clark
12-29-2005, 01:39 PM
Excellent! My Best of 2005 comp is somewhat similar to yours. I'm hoping to have my website updated soon to highlight it. It is kind of funny that we chose different songs by the same artist. MIne contains "Over and Over" by ClapYHSY, "Blood" from the Editors, "Please Stand Up" BSP, "Good Ones" The Kills, "Grounds for Divorce" Wolf Parade, "Positive Tension" Block Party. I debated The Raveonettes but couldnt' have everything I listened to go on...

Great minds and all of that....right?

MAF, your covered, well actually not just yet but you will be. Everyone else's has been mailed.

Regards,
jc

audiobill
12-29-2005, 04:17 PM
Looks too tempting a new year's musical treat to pass by.

I'd like the pair, please, Jim.

Similarly, let me know if there's something you're eager to hear from my various posts or my year's-end list.

I'll pm you my addie.

Hope you have a healthy & happy new year.

Cheers,
Bill

Jim Clark
12-29-2005, 04:57 PM
Looks too tempting a new year's musical treat to pass by.

I'd like the pair, please, Jim.

Similarly, let me know if there's something you're eager to hear from my various posts or my year's-end list.

I'll pm you my addie.

Hope you have a healthy & happy new year.

Cheers,
Bill

I've got a pretty extensive list of all the regulars and dood, you're the royalty of the regulars. Was kind of hoping that some of the others might want to listen (N.Abstentia, GMicheal, Kex, Wooch...), but I guess their judgement is too good! At least the mailing load is very light.

jc

Dave_G
12-29-2005, 05:37 PM
It warms my heart that ya'll are still komping here biggehr that Dallas.

That is awesome!

We started that mess years ago!

Altho I generally don't participate, I still think it's way cool.

BTW, how often do ya'll REALLY listen to those things?

Dave

Jim Clark
12-30-2005, 05:18 AM
It warms my heart that ya'll are still komping here biggehr that Dallas.

That is awesome!

We started that mess years ago!

Altho I generally don't participate, I still think it's way cool.

BTW, how often do ya'll REALLY listen to those things?

Dave

I probably treat them more like a new music sampler. I'd say I listen 4-5 times and get a feel for the disc and get the albums that I think I'll like and put the disc away in the binder. Most seldom get pulled back out, including my own. There are many exceptions though. Those 80's discs we made several years ago are awesome. Ditto for some of the punk comps from J and Nobody. I just listened to both of the "Sounds Good" volumes this week. I go back through my extensive RR comps collection from time to time. It's a veritable treasure trove and I suspect that there's some gems I have missed.

jc

Finch Platte
01-03-2006, 06:16 PM
...man, you have weird taste in music. :eek:

Thanks, I think.

fp

;)

Jim Clark
01-04-2006, 05:51 AM
...man, you have weird taste in music. :eek:

Thanks, I think.

fp

;)

Well, you keep asking.

Prolly for the same reason I keep trying yours.

One of these days there's bound to be something good.

Law of averages I guess!

jc

Davey
01-06-2006, 02:54 PM
Hey thanks Jim! Got my copy a couple days ago but haven't spun it yet. Had that spacey new Voyager One stuck in my player on infinite repeat for the last week or so. But I'll shake out the space monkeys soon and get back to some down home earth jammin with the broken ladytron national parade stars of montreal social scene wolf legends. Film at 11. But it won't be pretty.