Help connecting rear back surround speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help connecting rear back surround speakers

gcook67
12-25-2005, 08:01 PM
I have a Kenwood VR-8050 home theatre receiver and just purchased two surround back speakers, however on the back of my receiver I only have one terminal to connect my surround back speakers to. Does anybody know how I would properly wire up both back speakers using only one speaker terminal on the back of my receiver?
The other thing I am concerned about is that all my other home theatre speakers are an 8ohm, but the new speakers i just got are 6ohm.

PAT.P
12-25-2005, 08:21 PM
I have a Kenwood VR-8050 home theatre receiver and just purchased two surround back speakers, however on the back of my receiver I only have one terminal to connect my surround back speakers to. Does anybody know how I would properly wire up both back speakers using only one speaker terminal on the back of my receiver?
The other thing I am concerned about is that all my other home theatre speakers are an 8ohm, but the new speakers i just got are 6ohm.This receiver is probably a 6.1,and only 1 speaker should be install for the back surround speaker.Either a bookshelf or a center.The only thing to do is to buy another receiver 7.1 or put speakers in series will give you 12 0hm.I added a pic (car audio) but would be the same using a receiver.

gcook67
12-26-2005, 06:11 AM
Thanks so much for helping me out. I will wire them according to your diagram and then eventually will purchase a new 7.1 receiver. Thanks once again for your help!! :)

shokhead
12-26-2005, 06:54 AM
I belive you have a single rear center out,thats what you may be looking at,there should be 2 seperate outputs for SL and SR. Look again.