Merry Christmas! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas!

Davey
12-25-2005, 12:08 PM
Or whatever! And I hope you all have a great time, wherever you are and whatever you're doing. Best prog/indie/classic/modern/alt/crappy/post/punk/post-punk/pop/experimental rock wishes to you all. And best wishes to the blues and classical and world and jazz and R&B and soul and hip-hop/rap/urban and folk and country and electronica music listeners too! And all that glitchy dance stuff too! And to anyone that enjoys that goofy stuff Slosh and I listen to as well! And to the sounds of alien cat-like animals in heat that Dusty alone calls music too! And anything else that I left out! Peace, love and understanding!

Yo La Tengo riding the metronomic express right now at the House of Rock in Sunnyvale on Christmas Day. False Alarm, to be exact. "Sometimes, not often, you start a number and something miraculous happens, and then the scene is beautiful." That's a holiday wish from me to you, via Yo La Tengo's Electr-O-Pura liner notes. Take care all :)

And belated wishes to those ahead of the times! Like you Chris and Mike!

newtrix1
12-25-2005, 08:41 PM
Great day with the family on my end. Santa brought a nice electronic dartboard which was a lot of fun. I spun JDaniels Christmas comp (from a previus year) along with the standard Christmas music cd's.
I'll have to wait awhile to check out the "good stuff" as well asTroy's "Lost America" book which I finally got around to ordering. HoHoHo & merry happy to you too Davey and the rest of the RR crew! :)

Stone
12-26-2005, 07:49 AM
Happy Holidays to you too, Dave, and everyone else around here. I got right into the holiday spirit last night and this morning in my car with a little High On Fire:

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drg600/g641/g64153sojco.jpg

Nothing says "Christmas" quite like Blessed Black Wings. After I go home from work today, I'll likely put on some girl group sounds, and possibly my latest two addictions, Smog and the Starvations.

Audio Girl
12-26-2005, 09:21 AM
Right back at you, MonkeyBoy and all Rave Rec'rs. Here's hoping for Peace, Goodwill, and lots of musical spins in your lives! Enjoy your holidays and labor-free activities!

Ag

opt80
12-26-2005, 12:39 PM
Merry Christmas and Peace,Love and Understanding for 2006.

Although I have been here at AR a short time,I do enjoy the comaraderie

Alan

chrisnz
12-26-2005, 03:57 PM
And belated wishes to those ahead of the times! Like you Chris and Mike!

Well I'm ahead of the times and my name is Chris so Seasons Greetings back at you and everyone.

I'm so far ahead of the times that I only just got The Arcade Fire - Funeral. What a frigging great CD, I don't think I've been so entranced by an album from the get go since you put me onto In The Aeroplane Over The Sea. So I listened to Jeff again to see if it was comparable and decided Funeral didn't have the scarey edge of chaos barely contained that makes Aeroplane seem like it's going to explode at any second and come flying out of the CD player!

Other Christmas CD's from me to me (only a fraction of which have arrived) :-

My Morning Jacket - Z
The National - Alligator
The Decemberists - Picaresque
Okkervil River - Black Sheep Boy
Matt Elliott - The Mess We Made
Sufjan Stevens - Illinois
Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake...
Boards of Canada - Campfire Headphase
The Books - Lost and Safe
Antony and the Johnsons - I Am A Bird Now
Aesop Rock - Fast Cars, Danger, Fire and Knives