What music are you hoping to find under the tree? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What music are you hoping to find under the tree?

ForeverAutumn
12-23-2005, 09:46 AM
Or what music have you placed under the tree for others?

I've been putting off buying Green Day's Bullet In A Bible DVD, hoping that Santa-Hubby will know enough to buy it for me. I've also held off on the Lost-Season One DVDs (although not musical) which has been very difficult since I'm such an addict of all the conspiracy theories and see this DVD set purely as a reference tool. I'm also hoping that someone noticed my previous hint about Pink Floyd's Pulse tour on DVD. :rolleyes:

I bought Rush's R30 Deluxe set (2 CDs and 2 DVDs) for Hubby. I would have bought this for myself anyway, but the timing of it's release made it a good gift for hubby that I can benefit from too. ;)

My mom's getting the Il Divo CD. She's a big opera fan and I think that she'll enjoy this slightly more contemporary take.

My non-RR Brother will find happy holiday thoughts in Alice Cooper's Welcome to My Nightmare movie. No dreams of Sugarplum Fairies here.

And, well, the other brother's gift must remain top secret, of course. ;)

GMichael
12-23-2005, 09:53 AM
I bought Rush's R30 Deluxe set (2 CDs and 2 DVDs) for Hubby.
. ;)

Do you believe in polygamy?

ForeverAutumn
12-23-2005, 10:10 AM
Do you believe in polygamy?

That depends...will you kill all the spiders in my house without rolling your eyes at me?

GMichael
12-23-2005, 10:14 AM
That depends...will you kill all the spiders in my house without rolling your eyes at me?

Yes, but I will roller my eyes at the spiders.

Duds
12-23-2005, 11:09 AM
he'll enjoy R30 for sure

Audio Girl
12-23-2005, 06:52 PM
Or what music have you placed under the tree for others?

I've been putting off buying Green Day's Bullet In A Bible DVD, hoping that Santa-Hubby will know enough to buy it for me. I've also held off on the Lost-Season One DVDs (although not musical) which has been very difficult since I'm such an addict of all the conspiracy theories and see this DVD set purely as a reference tool. I'm also hoping that someone noticed my previous hint about Pink Floyd's Pulse tour on DVD. :rolleyes:

I bought Rush's R30 Deluxe set (2 CDs and 2 DVDs) for Hubby. I would have bought this for myself anyway, but the timing of it's release made it a good gift for hubby that I can benefit from too. ;)

My mom's getting the Il Divo CD. She's a big opera fan and I think that she'll enjoy this slightly more contemporary take.

My non-RR Brother will find happy holiday thoughts in Alice Cooper's Welcome to My Nightmare movie. No dreams of Sugarplum Fairies here.

And, well, the other brother's gift must remain top secret, of course. ;)

HI FA,

Hubby wanted to purchase LPs for me but didn't know where to go or which LPs so I sent him individual emails with a link to LPs which had been on my wishlist at Acoustic Sounds. Two LP boxes have arrived from AS this week so I think the email thing had an impact! ;-)

I purchased a 5-CD set for my Dad with music from WWII era (he is a Veteran and former POW). It includes many of his favorites including Les Brown and Artie Shaw. It'll be interesting to see my Dad's reaction.

Other than that, that is it on the record front. Keep us posted on what you find under the tree!

Ag

caniac
12-23-2005, 06:54 PM
My sister's getting me Radiohead Live at Astoria. I know, because that's what I told her to get me. :D

newtrix1
12-23-2005, 07:34 PM
....that Innaway (http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=1528942) cd I asked about recently. Found it at Overstock.com (of all places) for $11 (free shipping too). I just checked and they still have it despite their intimidating "Limited Inventory! Sell out Risk: VERY HIGH" threat ;)

Davey
12-23-2005, 09:24 PM
Well, I don't usually give or get music for Christmas, and don't actually have a tree this year, but if I did and did, and if I knew a Santa that didn't only fulfill mall music requests, I would've asked for some of these ...

Sin Ropas - Trickboxes on the Pony Line
Archer Prewitt - Wilderness
My Morning Jacket - Z
Magnolia Electric Co. - Hard To Love A Man
The Earlies - These Were The Earlies
PJ Harvey - Uh Hu Her
Robert Wyatt - Cuckooland
The Broken Family Band - Cold Water Songs

but you know how that goes ;)

Dusty Chalk
12-24-2005, 12:58 AM
I'm really hoping to get that Tori Amos Official Bootlegs box. But I'm not realistically expecting that.

MasterCylinder
12-27-2005, 05:23 AM
I received the one music-related gift I asked for...................

SIBELIUS
The Complete Symphonies and Tone Poems

This is a box-set containing eight discs (from EMI Classics) -- from what I have heard so far, should be very good.

Dave_G
12-27-2005, 07:51 AM
I didn't get any music but I did get some BestBuy giftcards, which is cool, I guess.

For the most part BestBuy does not have music I care for, they have steered towards greatest hits kind of selections...

What I "wanted" was the new Steve Hackett remasters...

I did a lot of giving this year which I think is the ideal thing to do durning the holidays...

However, I did give myself a few laserdiscs and VHS tapes from ebay.

And I am awaiting my Uriah Heep live 1972 2 lp set!

Dave

ForeverAutumn
12-27-2005, 09:49 AM
Hi Dave! Good to see you stopping by. Merry Christmas!