Anyone have one of these or tried one? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have one of these or tried one?

Duds
12-21-2005, 12:42 PM
http://www.colorvision.com/spydertv_usa.shtml

My old boss is getting one, curious to know if it works well.

edtyct
12-21-2005, 01:28 PM
I started a thread about it, in which it received some discussion, a couple of weeks ago. You can do a search. Since then, I've managed to get my hands on one, which I intend to try out as soon as I get a chance. It looks very promising, and has garned a few choice endorsements.

Ed

Duds
12-21-2005, 01:51 PM
Cool, i'll take a look for your thread. Let us know how it works!!

I started a thread about it, in which it received some discussion, a couple of weeks ago. You can do a search. Since then, I've managed to get my hands on one, which I intend to try out as soon as I get a chance. It looks very promising, and has garned a few choice endorsements.

Ed

westcott
12-21-2005, 02:11 PM

Ed

I think it will work on a front projector too.
Would you be able to test this application, as well?

I would be interested to know if it works well.

Happy Holidays!

GMichael
12-21-2005, 02:11 PM
I think it will work on a front projector too.
Would you be able to test this application, as well?

I would be interested to know if it works well.

Happy Holidays!

Now you're talking.

edtyct
12-21-2005, 03:17 PM
I saw your posts and was just trying to remember where I heard that people were trying to adapt Spyder TV to front projectors--a use for which it isn't intended. It might have been someone at AVS. You might have a look there. However, Spyder 2 Pro v. 2.0 apparently will support LCD and DLP front projectors; I don't know whether it has hit the market yet.

My own immediate problem is that my house has been undergoing renovation for about eight mos. I can't do much of anything--which explains my computer time--though I expect to be able to cobble together some equipment to test the Spyder. At any rate, after I've given it a go, hopefully in not too long, I will be happy to lend it out to someone else, sometime in January. By then, maybe I'll have figured out whether it has any use with front projection, too.

Ed