Scott Reeder solo album [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Scott Reeder solo album

Duds
12-20-2005, 07:19 AM
Yes, Scott Reeder as in the bass player for Kyuss. It's a damn good album, but nothing along the lines of Kyuss or stoner rock in general. If I had to compare it to anything, I would have to say its sort of like the Jerry Cantrell solo stuff.

The Album is called "TunnelVision Brilliance" and is comes out 1/24. Check it out!!

3-LockBox
12-20-2005, 07:35 PM
Yes, Scott Reeder as in the bass player for Kyuss. It's a damn good album, but nothing along the lines of Kyuss or stoner rock in general. If I had to compare it to anything, I would have to say its sort of like the Jerry Cantrell solo stuff.

The Album is called "TunnelVision Brilliance" and is comes out 1/24. Check it out!!
I only recently listened to this band and I must say they certainly did have a good grasp on the Soundgarden meets Deep Purple thing. Kinda jammy though, but still draws me in.
Let us know how the new solo album sounds.

Duds
12-21-2005, 05:08 AM
There are tones of stoner rock bands, even some websites devoted to this genre. My favorite is stonerrock.com. Kyuss was an awesome band, and its members went on to joing/start other damn good bands like Queens of The Stone Age and Fu Manchu.

The Scott Reeder solo album gets better with each listen. As I said in the original post, its similar to Jerry Cantrell solo stuff.

I only recently listened to this band and I must say they certainly did have a good grasp on the Soundgarden meets Deep Purple thing. Kinda jammy though, but still draws me in.
Let us know how the new solo album sounds.