Hounds of Love [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hounds of Love

Davey
12-19-2005, 03:23 PM
Prompted by all the talk about the new Kate Bush CD lately, I dusted off Hounds of Love for a spin this weekend and it's easy to see why she is still so revered. What a nice album. So engaging, and sexy, and fresh, and complex, and just downright fun. Seems more like Peter Gabriel than I ever remember thinking before. Anyway, very classy. Hard to find this kind of depth and overall listening quality. Still don't love every single moment, but I do love most of it and it is a real special treat. And that's my music moment for this week ;)

richmon
12-19-2005, 05:19 PM
What a nice album. So engaging, and sexy, and fresh, and complex, and just downright fun. Seems more like Peter Gabriel than I ever remember thinking
Sheez, don't frighten anybody, from your description they might think this is prog!
I've had this for album for (gasp) twenty years and after the first year or so, didn't spin it anymore. I thought I didn't like it anymore. Pulled it out a few months back, first three cuts I'm thinking, yep, the thrill is gone. Then cuts 4-12 I remembered why I like this. Quirky and fresh sounding still. But those first three cuts get skipped, that's why it laid unlistened on the shelf for so long.
And happy b'day dave-o-lator