Free Sex And Drugs [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Free Sex And Drugs

kingtriplet
12-18-2005, 12:25 PM
Now that ive got your attention....
Hi, I am looking to upgrade the audio set up that i have now. I listen to rock and alternative, bands such as nirvana, smashing pumpkins and white stripes. I have about 500 dollars to spend, give or take a few dollars, but would most defineltly prefer not to spend it all. OK, i want a set up, %100 for music, and i want to be able to play it from my ipod.... Right now i have an extremely old sony STR-3800 reciever. I have been looking at the mirage omnisats ($150 a piece) and the Athena Technologies F2.2 ($300 a pair) . So ya, these speakers would be in a relatively small room (15' x 15') What would i need to make this work, and recommendations on speakers, if i need a new amp/reciever or not (if yes, which one), i honestly dont care how the speakers look, i just want them to sound great. So ya, remember, i would be hooking these up to my ipod
thx a lot

kingtriplet
12-18-2005, 12:30 PM
o ya, and if you think buying a subwoofer is important, please recommend one

Dmax
12-18-2005, 04:56 PM
o ya, and if you think buying a subwoofer is important, please recommend one A drug free life will help you find the answers to your questions and do you know that some diseases transmitted through unprotected sex eat your brain? :rolleyes:

JohnMichael
12-19-2005, 01:29 PM
Now that ive got your attention....
Hi, I am looking to upgrade the audio set up that i have now. I listen to rock and alternative, bands such as nirvana, smashing pumpkins and white stripes. I have about 500 dollars to spend, give or take a few dollars, but would most defineltly prefer not to spend it all. OK, i want a set up, %100 for music, and i want to be able to play it from my ipod.... Right now i have an extremely old sony STR-3800 reciever. I have been looking at the mirage omnisats ($150 a piece) and the Athena Technologies F2.2 ($300 a pair) . So ya, these speakers would be in a relatively small room (15' x 15') What would i need to make this work, and recommendations on speakers, if i need a new amp/reciever or not (if yes, which one), i honestly dont care how the speakers look, i just want them to sound great. So ya, remember, i would be hooking these up to my ipod
thx a lot

First let me say I am disappointed this was about audio. But seriously early Sony receivers were not always good with 4 ohm loads. I would check and see how the two speakers are rated and if they are both nominal 8 ohm I would choose by sound. If the receiver is currently functioning properly I would buy the speakers first and see how they perform in your room. If you find them bass shy then shop for a subwoofer. I always like to add one new component at a time to evaluate if it is a positive change. Let us know what you decide.

calegrant
12-19-2005, 03:00 PM
The athena's should provide plenty of bass for your needs, no need to worry about a sub unless you make the change to HT.

Now, about this free sex and drugs........

Florian
12-20-2005, 07:44 AM
Sex! Drugs! Where?

Anyways i would also suggest you listen to older Klipsch designs. They are very efficent and will definetly not sound too bright on the dull sonys. Might be a good balance.

Cheers

Flo