OT: Fuking snow. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : OT: Fuking snow.

DarrenH
01-14-2004, 01:53 PM
We are getting hammered. Everything is closing. At 2:00 PM we were told to leave work and go home.

From the moment I got up this morning it has been snowing. At least 8 inches thus far and it's still coming down. Days like this make me wish I lived in the sun belt.

My Dad lives in Florida duing the winter months. Lucky man but that's what he worked 40 years for. To be able to do that.

Oh well, it could be worse.

Darren

Stone
01-14-2004, 02:02 PM
We're getting some snow too, but apparently not as much as you. We've probably got 3 or 4 inches so far. I'm going home soon before the wind really picks up and makes driving treacherous.

Stone

unleasHell
01-14-2004, 02:05 PM
[Sorry all, but here in So. Cal it is at least 78 and sunny.....

ForeverAutumn
01-14-2004, 02:30 PM
We're getting it here too. I haven't measured but my guess is that there's about 5 - 6 inches on my driveway right now. Worse than the snow is the c-c-c-c-cold temps here. It's -22 Celsius right now. That's about -8 F. Whichever way you look at it...it's too freakin' cold to shovel the damn driveway! It's supposed to be even colder tomorrow. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I could sure use a little bit of that sunny So. Cal. weather right now. :cool:

JSE
01-14-2004, 03:56 PM
Good thing for Global Warming huh? ;)

JSE

Dusty Chalk
01-14-2004, 08:07 PM
We were supposed to get some, but so far it's only been a dusting. It's so cold here right now (How cold is it? sounds like the setup for a joke, but it isn't), that it isn't "sticking", but neither is it melting. It's just blowing around like confectionate sugar.

I like snow days, good time to drink.

Dave_G
01-15-2004, 06:36 AM
Why don't ya'll Northerner's just pack on up and clamor down here to 'Lanter where it's about 50 and we can go swimmin at the swimmin hole then we kin go and change the oil in my pickup and then work on my mobile home.

Dave

DarrenH
01-15-2004, 07:20 AM
Why don't ya'll Northerner's just pack on up and clamor down here to 'Lanter where it's about 50 and we can go swimmin at the swimmin hole then we kin go and change the oil in my pickup and then work on my mobile home.

Dave

Shucks mister, no way I could live down there. All yous guys are related to each other. To much inbreeding going on.

What's a mobile home? :p

ForeverAutumn
01-15-2004, 08:20 AM
The cold weather and the snow is making our bird feeder quite the fast food restaurant for our little feathered friends today. Usually the birds can't get to the feeder from all the squirrels chasing them away. But I guess it's too cold out for the squirrels and the birds are having a great time! I even spotted a red-breasted nut hatch here this morning. It's been about three years since I last spotted a nut hatch in our yard.

Here's a temp update for you southerners. -22 C today (-8 F). When you factor in the wind chill it feels like -32 C (or -25 F). On days like today, I'm thankful to have the option of working from home. It's nice to not have to leave the comfort of my nice, warm house.

Hey, look, I'm a Site Regular! Darn, I missed the event. I was gonna throw a party to celebrate...but I guess it's too late now.

Ex Lion Tamer
01-15-2004, 08:33 AM
It's a bright sunny day here, but the temperature is -25 celsius (that's 13 below, farenheit), better yet the wind is supposed to kick up this afternoon to gusts of 50km/h (31 mph), for a wind chill of -44 celsius (-47.2 farenheit). :eek:

Supposed to snow, (and warm-up) tomorrow. I can't wait.

ForeverAutumn
01-15-2004, 08:48 AM
It's a bright sunny day here, but the temperature is -25 celsius (that's 13 below, farenheit), better yet the wind is supposed to kick up this afternoon to gusts of 50km/h (31 mph), for a wind chill of -44 celsius (-47.2 farenheit). :eek:

Supposed to snow, (and warm-up) tomorrow. I can't wait.

You want snow? There's still some on my driveway that you can come and get.

This is NOT the weather to lock up your hats in Mark. Brrrrrrrr. It's pretty scary when we get to the point where the farenheit number is actually smaller than the celsius number.

:p ouch! my tongue ith frothen!