Thanks Slosh [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Slosh

Hyfi
12-13-2005, 07:11 PM
Thank you for the 2005 disk. Plenty of new-to-me music.

Liked the Beck, PT, and oddly enough Super Furry Animals are starting to grow on me. Too bad all the good names for groups are taken and whacky names are left. I laughed at the name of this group and wondered why everyone was talking about them.

Now, Mariah Carey is another story. Do people really listen to "Slut Music"?

What is the difference between "Album of the Year" and "Record of the Year"?
Album = Record = CD and if thats the best music to come out for the year, we are in trouble musically!!

Happy Hollidays

Hyfi

Audio Girl
12-14-2005, 12:18 AM
Thank you for the 2005 disk. Plenty of new-to-me music.

Liked the Beck, PT, and oddly enough Super Furry Animals are starting to grow on me. Too bad all the good names for groups are taken and whacky names are left. I laughed at the name of this group and wondered why everyone was talking about them.

Now, Mariah Carey is another story. Do people really listen to "Slut Music"?

What is the difference between "Album of the Year" and "Record of the Year"?
Album = Record = CD and if thats the best music to come out for the year, we are in trouble musically!!

Happy Hollidays

Hyfi

I second the thanks to Slosheroo...this comp is amazing! After my first listen, I went online and purchased vinyl by the American Analog Set, Super Furry Animals, the Decemberists, Beck (guerolito), Spoon, and it seems like there was another one. Anyway, I loved the comp, and appreciate your kindness!

M

Slosh
12-14-2005, 12:51 AM
Gimme Fiction sounds great on vinyl (although I used a CD-R copy of the CD for this comp). I know the SFA album is on vinyl as well but I have the UK SACD version and that sounds excellent, as expected (but I used the CD layer for this comp, of course).

Guerolito is a remix album and I haven't heard it.

I'm just glad there were a few things here and there that you two enjoyed. I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned anything about the Calexico/Iron & Wine track which just floors me. Can't hardly wait for the new Calexico album in '06 :)

kexodusc
12-14-2005, 04:43 AM
Yeah, ditto Slosh...there were at least 4 groups I hadn't heard previously that I'm really digging! SFA and Calexico (seriously) in particular.
Next time you find yourself hitchhiking through Atlantic Canada or Atlanta the beer's on me!

ForeverAutumn
12-14-2005, 05:52 AM
Yeah, ditto Slosh...there were at least 4 groups I hadn't heard previously that I'm really digging! SFA and Calexico (seriously) in particular.
Next time you find yourself hitchhiking through Atlantic Canada or Atlanta the beer's on me!

I too thank you for the kindness Slosh. Although I haven't had time to spin the disk yet. But there are some bands on there that I've not yet heard and am really looking forward to checking out.

Audio Girl
12-14-2005, 06:44 AM
Gimme Fiction sounds great on vinyl (although I used a CD-R copy of the CD for this comp). I know the SFA album is on vinyl as well but I have the UK SACD version and that sounds excellent, as expected (but I used the CD layer for this comp, of course).

Guerolito is a remix album and I haven't heard it.

I'm just glad there were a few things here and there that you two enjoyed. I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned anything about the Calexico/Iron & Wine track which just floors me. Can't hardly wait for the new Calexico album in '06 :)

Slosh,

I didn't mention because I posted about that album some time back (The latest Calexico/Iron & Wine), as well as the latest release of Iron & Wine, and thought you might have already read my comments. I loved both these LPs so much that I went back to insound and ordered Iron & Wine's catalog that was available on vinyl. The Calexico/Iron & Wine EP is a stunner, one of my faves discovered in '05, and getting heavy rotation in my system right now.

Good job! Thanks again,
Ag

Davey
12-14-2005, 07:50 AM
Thanks Slosh for setting me up with some Rogue Wave to try out. Only tried it out once so far but like it. And thanks also to the red-tozed reindeer for setting me up with a cool year ender and also a bonus disc from Marissa Nadler. The latter didn't sink much on first run around the block, but is intriguing and I'll be seeing her again real soon. The former is waiting patiently on deck, but I've had this Black Heart Procession + Solbakken In the Fishtank 11 on heavy repeat lately. That is, when I'm not lapping up my recent best of the potato heads Devo acquisition and that very cool and final Brainiac EP that was produced by Jim O'Rourke. And finally snagged a copy of the missing link needed in my Talk Talk collection, namely Colour of Spring, so that's been making a sneak appearance too. Not to mention that I also finally snagged a copy of Califone's last one about Heron King Blues and I'm gonna have a jones for that too. And then just got ...

Dusty Chalk
12-14-2005, 10:54 PM
I would just like to thank Slosh for not sending me any crap. Tip o' the hat to you, dude! :D

Slosh
12-15-2005, 12:30 AM
I would just like to thank Slosh for not sending me any crap. Tip o' the hat to you, dude! :DThank you for not asking for any crap.

~Slosh - (s)crap-metal merchant

hmmmm
12-15-2005, 06:56 AM
Another thanks for a great comp. I went out and bought "Super Furry Animals" & Block Party. I had PT and Spoon already. I couldn't find American Analog Set.
Thanks again!