To Wadia or not to Wadia [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : To Wadia or not to Wadia

ijenk64
12-09-2005, 11:03 AM
Dear Learned ones

I currently own a Wadia 16 cd player which to me is my pride and joy. I have seen a Wadia 861 on e-bay at an irresistible price. Will the upgrade justify the cash investment, Ive only had the Wadia 16 since this July.

Cheers Folks
Ian

Jim Clark
12-09-2005, 01:34 PM
Doesn't matter what I think, wadia think?

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Jeez I wouldn't have a clue, I have a sub 1000 dollar cdp and don't even bother listening to anything over a grand. I ain't gonna spend it so why torture myself.

jc

ijenk64
12-10-2005, 02:26 AM
Thanks for that Jim I owe you one.

markw
12-10-2005, 06:23 AM
Dear Learned ones

I currently own a Wadia 16 cd player which to me is my pride and joy. I have seen a Wadia 861 on e-bay at an irresistible price. Will the upgrade justify the cash investment, Ive only had the Wadia 16 since this July.

Cheers Folks
IanSorry. I couldn't resist that straight line. ;)

Seriously, I don't have any experience with that particular brand but, as always, I suggest you make that choice based on the differences you actually hear and then weigh those difference against what it will cost to obtain them. Sometimes, manufacturer's depend on their panache to sell more than actual, measurable performance.

Jim Clark
12-10-2005, 09:34 AM
as you may have concluded, I guess we're poor here. Either that or cheap. I know I've seen threads on this brand at Audio Asylum as well as the forums at Audiogon. So, if you haven't done so already I'd check them out.

jc

markw
12-10-2005, 11:03 AM
Sorry...

Let us know if you make the jump and your feelings on it.

...good luck...

ijenk64
12-10-2005, 02:52 PM
thanks guys it was worth a try, whats audio ayslum by the we dont get that over here.

Jim Clark
12-10-2005, 04:02 PM
thanks guys it was worth a try, whats audio ayslum by the we dont get that over here.

Well then I'm in the enviable position of actually being able to help although you're a pleasant enough chap that I don't want to send you away.

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/digital/bbs.html

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl

Good luck on your search for knowledge.

jc

SlumpBuster
12-10-2005, 09:53 PM

The reception for the internet must really suck in Wales. Time for a new tuner. :D