X3 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : X3

Kam
12-08-2005, 09:20 AM
The teaser looks prett good, but with brett rattner taking over from bryan singer, am a leeeetle bit apprehensive about the movie. They're bringing back more of the 'original' xmen (for anyone who's been a fan of the comics) the beast (blue version) and angel. the shot of angel unfurling his wings is pretty kick ass.

and... :( have unfortunately heard this might be the last installment of the franchise. i dont know if that's fox thinking the magic might be lost with rattner, or what, because the material is definitely there to keep this going for at least another few movies! but am also a huge fan of the comics growing up, so am a little partial to want to see it the franchise keep going (and i want to be in x4!!).

peace
k2

L.J.
12-08-2005, 10:59 AM
I'm looking foward to this one as well. I thought X2 was well done, and I was pretty amazed with that opening Night Crawler scene.

kexodusc
12-08-2005, 04:57 PM
These have been my favorite superhero movies to date by far, it'd be a shame to see them quit.

Woochifer
12-08-2005, 06:26 PM
On the other hand, it might be a good thing to quit while still on top. Visions of Superman IV: The Quest for Peace and Batman and Robin come to mind.

GMichael
12-08-2005, 07:01 PM
Don't see why they would want to stop making money while they can. Good or bad, people would still go to see them. Sure, going out on top sounds good. But aren't the ones making the decisions in it for the cash? Don't they want to ride the wave till it dies?

Woochifer
12-08-2005, 07:48 PM
Don't see why they would want to stop making money while they can. Good or bad, people would still go to see them. Sure, going out on top sounds good. But aren't the ones making the decisions in it for the cash? Don't they want to ride the wave till it dies?

I guess that greed will prevail at some point, but of course, that would all depend on how X3 actually plays with audiences. If rumors are already flying about the series getting terminated, that doesn't bode too well for how X3 will turn out. Studios can and do lose money by going to the well one too many times. Batman and Robin is a textbook example of how to derail a franchise. Even though it took in about $100 million at the box office, its production and marketing costs were very high and it performed way below expectations. Audiences hated it so much that it took eight years to air out the stench before the Batman series could relaunch.

GMichael
12-09-2005, 06:22 AM
I guess that greed will prevail at some point, but of course, that would all depend on how X3 actually plays with audiences. If rumors are already flying about the series getting terminated, that doesn't bode too well for how X3 will turn out. Studios can and do lose money by going to the well one too many times. Batman and Robin is a textbook example of how to derail a franchise. Even though it took in about $100 million at the box office, its production and marketing costs were very high and it performed way below expectations. Audiences hated it so much that it took eight years to air out the stench before the Batman series could relaunch.

I didn't know that. Time will tell I guess.

eisforelectronic
12-09-2005, 08:39 PM
I saw Juggernaut. Who's the kid playing with the paper planes? Who's the shorter girl wearing the black x-men uniform that's not Rogue or Storm?

Defshep
12-10-2005, 01:22 PM
Three would be a good place to quit. X-2 was better than the first. X-3 should be as good as 2, as Ratner is a pretty competent action / drama / comedy director. You need all these elements for a superhero franchise to work. I heard they are gonna continue with a series of Wolverine-only based movies. I think Hugh Jackman has already signed on for at least one more after X-3. Greed will probably win the day, but like Woochifer said, I'd like to see franchises end on top, going out with a bang, not a whimper.

L.J.
03-01-2006, 06:58 AM
There is supposed to be a full trailer sometime during this Monday's showing of 24, if I'm not mistaken. Perhaps someone can confirm that.

wayner86
03-06-2006, 03:11 PM
I would assume that the short girl (not rogue or storm) is Jubilee, unfortunately.

Kam
03-07-2006, 02:11 PM
I would assume that the short girl (not rogue or storm) is Jubilee, unfortunately.
i think it might be shadowcat/ kitty pride?

topspeed
03-07-2006, 05:06 PM
What a great trailer! Good to see Beast back, but I gotta admit I'm pretty rusty on the others. Juggernaut should have been a bigger dude, but maybe it was because all you saw was him running through the walls. Interesting to see that Jane is back as well. Can't wait.