New Forums are Now Open - post problems here [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Forums are Now Open - post problems here

Chris
11-11-2003, 03:22 PM
We've done what we can to ensure that there would be as few problems as possible, but with any major change, there may be some hiccups. Please post any errors or problems you come across here. Please do not complain about minor issues like the look of the new system. We are aware that some people simply won't like the look, epsecially at first. We're only concerned that things are working correctly. If you've never used a vBulletin-style forum system before, please read the FAQ before you get started so you can get up to speed on how things will work:
http://forums.audioreview.com/faq.php?

Have fun, and be prepared for a much better forums system overall.

Jim Clark
11-12-2003, 02:56 PM
Can't seem to make one show up so I'm guessing they are turned off?

Another thing, where is the spell check on this toolbar? That was supposed to save me and I can't find one!

BTW, thanks again for cutting through the technological red tape and activating my account!

Regards,
jc

Chris
11-12-2003, 03:16 PM
Can't seem to make one show up so I'm guessing they are turned off?

Another thing, where is the spell check on this toolbar? That was supposed to save me and I can't find one!

BTW, thanks again for cutting through the technological red tape and activating my account!

Regards,
jc
Actually, the Avatars are turned on... when you edit your avatar, make sure you click the button that says "use custom avatar" (or something like that). If you don't, it won't display the graphic you upload.

tentoze
11-12-2003, 06:53 PM
Actually, the Avatars are turned on... when you edit your avatar, make sure you click the button that says "use custom avatar" (or something like that). If you don't, it won't display the graphic you upload.

There IS no button to click that allows using a custom avatar. The default is "don't use an avatar" and you cannot deselect it. I've done this in seconds on other forums using this software, and this one is not currently configured to allow the option. It currently allows "profile" pictures, not avatars. If I am mistaken, put up an avatar on your moniker, then explain what I don't know.

DarrenH
11-12-2003, 06:53 PM
Chris,

I've sized my avatar correctly but it will not upload. Keeps telling me there was an error. I have selected the yes box to allow avatars. There is another item in the edit avatars area that I cannot uncheck and it says "DO NOT USE AN AVATAR". It's a circle with a dot in the center. Can't clear the dot. Is that the cause?

Also, can't update my profile. I don't know why.

Thanks for your help Chris.

Darren

Les
11-13-2003, 04:54 AM
There IS no button to click that allows using a custom avatar. The default is "don't use an avatar" and you cannot deselect it. I've done this in seconds on other forums using this software, and this one is not currently configured to allow the option. It currently allows "profile" pictures, not avatars. If I am mistaken, put up an avatar on your moniker, then explain what I don't know.

Ditto

Familiar with this type of layout and it looks as though the system config does not allow avatars - but of course I may be wrong. Advice please ........

Chris
11-13-2003, 12:36 PM
Chris,

I've sized my avatar correctly but it will not upload. Keeps telling me there was an error. I have selected the yes box to allow avatars. There is another item in the edit avatars area that I cannot uncheck and it says "DO NOT USE AN AVATAR". It's a circle with a dot in the center. Can't clear the dot. Is that the cause?

Also, can't update my profile. I don't know why.

Thanks for your help Chris.

Darren
Maybe you can try attaching the image here in this thread so we can have a look?

Umrswimr
11-13-2003, 03:53 PM
Chris-

It appears that .gif's somehow lost their animation over here. Minor detail, I know- but the green laughing smilie is simply hilarious!

Here's what it looks like here:
http://www.corvetteforum.com/images/smilielol.gif

And what it *should* look like:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=690893

http://www.corvetteforum.cc/zeroimg/smilies/cheers.gif

mtrycraft
11-27-2003, 10:22 AM
I had to register a new name and email account to be able to post again. There is a problem with my old registration obviously as this one works for now.

Also, How can someone post in this section to lodge a complaint if there are registration problems if this section will not allow you to post unless you are properly registered? Perhaps this section should be open, unrestricted?

Norm Strong
11-27-2003, 12:09 PM
and what is it for?

Thanks,

mtrycraft
11-28-2003, 05:18 PM
and what is it for?

Thanks,

It may be the picture under a moniker :)