I found out more [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I found out more

SpankingVanillaice
12-06-2005, 09:00 PM
I actualy found out that my Edirol MA-10D monitors are really better than I thought since I tested it more and I was more impressed. It is really clear and precise for the price. I mean for $165 pair bi-amped monitors with digital inputs this is the best studio monitors I ever seen and I love them. :cool:

markw
12-07-2005, 06:37 AM
... is that now that you've measured your speaker they sound better?

Resident Loser
12-07-2005, 07:07 AM
... is that now that you've measured your speaker they sound better?

...is a strange critter, ain't it?

jimHJJ(...double-blind what...)

GMichael
12-07-2005, 07:10 AM
3rd floor. This will be the end of our trip up today. Time to go down.

N. Abstentia
12-07-2005, 07:25 AM
I mean for $165 pair bi-amped monitors with digital inputs this is the best studio monitors I ever seen and I love them. :cool:

You haven't seen very many studio monitors then, have you?

noddin0ff
12-07-2005, 07:29 AM
At long last! SV has found the answer! We should all take a moment to rejoice, for no longer will there be any more 'which is better' posts! Hip, Hip, Hooray! The best studio monitor for listening to test tones has been found! Hip, Hip, Hooray! Rejoice!

markw
12-07-2005, 07:34 AM
...is a strange critter, ain't it?.. and ia a terrible trhing to waste.

But, in this season and trying to lose weight, or at least not blow up like the blue girl in Willie Wonka, another axiom* comes to mind.

"a waist is a terrible thing to mind"

Ba da boom!

The ever lovin' Markw (Happy whatever it is y'all be celebtatin' this time o' year)

* Hey since this is the speaker forum, do I get extra points for that?

Bernd
12-07-2005, 08:18 AM
At long last! SV has found the answer! We should all take a moment to rejoice, for no longer will there be any more 'which is better' posts! Hip, Hip, Hooray! The best studio monitor for listening to test tones has been found! Hip, Hip, Hooray! Rejoice!

Hip,Hip Hooray from me too. I can't believe it's finally over. Early Christmas present.

Pop those corks and celebrate.

Peace

Bernd

Resident Loser
12-07-2005, 08:30 AM
... Hey since this is the speaker forum, do I get extra points for that?

...was AH you might get another green Chicklet...probably not.

We wish you a merry Oxnard,
We wish you a grassy front yard,
We wish you an unpunched punch-card,
And a case of root beer!!!

Since Christ is the reason for the season, I want to wish all and sundry a most joyous and Merry Christmas...excepting, of course, all you non-believing heathens who have usurped the true meaning of the season and turned it into the commercial debacle that it has become...happy holidays this...humbuggers!

jimHJJ(...and a happy new year...)

SpankingVanillaice
12-07-2005, 08:44 AM
I removed the metal grille that was on the woofers and it sounds more clear now. Plus it looks more professional too. I have heard studio monitors that costs $800 pair and of cource they sound better but for the price my monitors are the best ever. :cool:

SpankingVanillaice
12-07-2005, 08:52 AM
I was able to just remove that metal grilles and I put back the ring frame on the monitors. So it looks soo professional and sounds more clear and precise too. ;)

GMichael
12-07-2005, 09:02 AM
I was able to just remove that metal grilles and I put back the ring frame on the monitors. So it looks soo professional and sounds more clear and precise too. ;)

So, does this mean that you are going to sell your other 3 sets of monitors? No need for them anymore. And you could use the money to buy more CD's.

Bernd
12-07-2005, 09:13 AM
For 60 bucks these are BEST speakers

http://cgi.ebay.com/TECHNICS-SB-CS5-SPEAKERS-Speaker-Stands_W0QQitemZ5835570669QQcategoryZ14993QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

This is it!

I want them! And I want them now!

Peace

Bernd

Florian
12-07-2005, 09:14 AM
For 60 bucks these are BEST speakers

http://cgi.ebay.com/TECHNICS-SB-CS5-SPEAKERS-Speaker-Stands_W0QQitemZ5835570669QQcategoryZ14993QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

Resident Loser
12-07-2005, 09:21 AM
...I removed the metal grille that was on the woofers and it sounds more clear now...

...hate to burst your bubble, but...the wavelengths involved would be little affected by a metal grille being off or on...now if 'twere your tweeters there might be some justification...not much, but some...

So you have listened/measured and they sound better...you have removed some hardware and they sound better...what's next, a coat of paint? That should make a HUGE difference...

jimHJJ(...not...)

Bernd
12-07-2005, 09:24 AM

...hate to burst your bubble, but...the wavelengths involved would be little affected by a metal grille being off or on...now if 'twere your tweeters there might be some justification...not much, but some...

So you have listened/measured and they sound better...you have removed some hardware and they sound better...what's next, a coat of paint? That sould make a HUGE difference...

jimHJJ(...not...)

Yeah,but what colour? And how will the different shades affect the test tone?

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!

GMichael
12-07-2005, 09:25 AM

So you have listened/measured and they sound better...you have removed some hardware and they sound better...what's next, a coat of paint? That should make a HUGE difference...

jimHJJ(...not...)

This is the best paint to use if you are into rock.

http://www.misterart.com/store/view/003/group_id/8415/Krylon-Make-It-Stone-Faux-Finishing-Spray.htm

Resident Loser
12-07-2005, 09:31 AM
Yeah,but what colour? And how will the different shades affect the test tone?

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!

...warm colors=warm sound...cool colors...well, you get the picture...

jimHJJ(...perhaps something a bit more neutral...)

Resident Loser
12-07-2005, 09:35 AM
This is the best paint to use if you are into rock.

http://www.misterart.com/store/view/003/group_id/8415/Krylon-Make-It-Stone-Faux-Finishing-Spray.htm

...if you have some in your head?

jimHJJ(...this may start to get ugly...)

GMichael
12-07-2005, 09:35 AM
...if you have some in your head?

jimHJJ(...this may start to get ugly...)

I actually build a pair of DIY speakers. I used this paint. They look so cool.
Then I ran out and bought some Infinity's.

GMichael
12-07-2005, 09:37 AM
CD's? Why would he need those? Test tones, Baby! That's where the audiophile listening is at!

Good point.

noddin0ff
12-07-2005, 09:37 AM
So, does this mean that you are going to sell your other 3 sets of monitors? No need for them anymore. And you could use the money to buy more CD's.

CD's? Why would he need those? Test tones, Baby! That's where the audiophile listening is at!

Resident Loser
12-07-2005, 09:45 AM
I actually build a pair of DIY speakers. I used this paint. They look so cool.
Then I ran out and bought some Infinity's.

...spatter-y finishes, they look industrial...

jimHJJ(...welcome to the machine...)

Resident Loser
12-07-2005, 10:15 AM
I actualy found out that my Edirol MA-10D monitors are really better than I thought since I tested it more and I was more impressed. It is really clear and precise for the price. I mean for $165 pair bi-amped monitors with digital inputs this is the best studio monitors I ever seen and I love them. :cool:

...of clarification: they may have two-channels of amplification(hence STEREO) that, however doesn't mean they are bi-amped...

jimHJJ(...two different things...)

BEETLEMAN
12-07-2005, 10:45 AM
I have to say that the threads from SVI are some of the funniest ive read in a long time, no matter how retarted they are. and the replies have me falling on the floor. GOD BLESS STUPID PEOPLE.....

GMichael
12-07-2005, 11:01 AM
I have to say that the threads from SVI are some of the funniest ive read in a long time, no matter how retarted they are. and the replies have me falling on the floor. GOD BLESS STUPID PEOPLE.....

Somemore fine reading for you then.

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=14994

PAT.P
12-07-2005, 11:08 AM
So, does this mean that you are going to sell your other 3 sets of monitors? No need for them anymore. And you could use the money to buy more CD's.Please dont get him going! Im surprise he did'nt mention the headphone for a while.Why did we invest in our speakers ,we could of bought the best monitor speaker like he did :rolleyes:

PAT.P
12-07-2005, 11:34 AM
I was able to just remove that metal grilles and I put back the ring frame on the monitors. So it looks soo professional and sounds more clear and precise too. ;) I think you should remove the litter box from your bedroom because the vapor are getting to you.

markw
12-07-2005, 12:56 PM
...spatter-y finishes, they look industrial...... put 'em in the back yard and sprinkle some bird seed on 'em. They'll get that splattered look real fast.

Oh, you DO the first sign of the Asian Bird Flu doncha? It's the uncontrollable urge to defecate on statues and auto windshields.

SpankingVanillaice
12-07-2005, 08:52 PM
I tried with the grilles off but something doesn't look right meaning the speakers are too deep inside since it's desiged with the grilles so I decided to put the grilles back on.

PAT.P
12-07-2005, 09:07 PM
And the quest continue for Spanky ,the journey in search for the perfect Studio Monitor.Will he find what he looking for?Stay tune ,for another sequel and yes bite your tongue.

N. Abstentia
12-07-2005, 09:16 PM
I tried with the grilles off but something doesn't look right meaning the speakers are too deep inside since it's desiged with the grilles so I decided to put the grilles back on.

Ummm.....drugs are bad. You shouldn't do drugs, mmmmkay?

Florian
12-08-2005, 05:13 AM
Did everything just switch around for a second there?

GMichael
12-08-2005, 05:59 AM
My room is changing colors. The drapes just chased the table down the hall. Hey, what's that rabbit doing with a watch? Huh? You're late? Late to what? Wait. Where are you going? Come back...........................

Florian
12-08-2005, 06:05 AM
My room is changing colors. The drapes just chased the table down the hall. Hey, what's that rabbit doing with a watch? Huh? You're late? Late to what? Wait. Where are you going? Come back...........................
5 minutes later and you still didnt catch the bunny! I know, SVI has him and ate him or cuddles with him. Who knows?

GMichael
12-08-2005, 06:20 AM
5 minutes later and you still didnt catch the bunny! I know, SVI has him and ate him or cuddles with him. Who knows?

Eeewwwaaa..... yuck. Bugs will have his revenge.

noddin0ff
12-08-2005, 07:13 AM
O mighty warrior, 'twill be quite a task
How will you do it, might I inquire to ask?

I will do it with my spear and magic hewmet.

Spear and magic hewmet?

GMichael
12-08-2005, 07:23 AM
You guys are nucking futs!

BEETLEMAN
12-08-2005, 09:44 AM
there once was a man named spanky,
as we try he would never get cranky,
he gives us his woes,
on his speakers highs and lows,
and still ends up with his head in his hanky...

or

spanky's a man on a mission,
but its like an ape going fishin,
he throws out a line,
and continues to whine,
new speakers soon he will be wishin....

i'll shut up now.......

Florian
12-08-2005, 10:01 AM
there once was a man named spanky,
as we try he would never get cranky,
he gives us his woes,
on his speakers highs and lows,
and still ends up with his head in his hanky...

or

spanky's a man on a mission,
but its like an ape going fishin,
he throws out a line,
and continues to whine,
new speakers soon he will be wishin....

i'll shut up now.......
AWSOME!!!

SpankingVanillaice
12-12-2005, 07:15 AM
I found a way to make it not look funny when I remove the grille. So now it sounds the best and looks more professional too. :)

GMichael
12-12-2005, 07:26 AM
I found a way to make it not look funny when I remove the grille. So now it sounds the best and looks more professional too. :)

The grill is there to protect the speaker cone. Are you sure you want to leave it off? What if your cat scratches the cone? No more speaker.

GMichael
12-12-2005, 07:31 AM
oooooh! ooooooh! Please post photos! PLEASE!

Of the speakers......

noddin0ff
12-12-2005, 07:33 AM

N. Abstentia
12-12-2005, 08:22 AM

.......and don't forget the cat's crap box. We all want to see that again.

PAT.P
12-12-2005, 11:00 AM
I found a way to make it not look funny when I remove the grille. So now it sounds the best and looks more professional too. :) Grille off,grille on ! Grille off! Cant you make up your mind ,no matter what you do to these speaker they are not real STUDIO MONITOR point ! Did your parents lock you in the room and your so bored and the cat ran away from you that you have to play with srewdriver?

SpankingVanillaice
12-12-2005, 09:43 PM
The grill is there to protect the speaker cone. Are you sure you want to leave it off? What if your cat scratches the cone? No more speaker.I guess you are actualy right the grilles are there to protect the drivers from dust and objects too. Since I agree with you I decided to keep the grilles on my Edirol MA-10D. I do want to take care of my studio monitors since they do sound really good to me. :)

GMichael
12-13-2005, 06:11 AM
I guess you are actualy right the grilles are there to protect the drivers from dust and objects too. Since I agree with you I decided to keep the grilles on my Edirol MA-10D. I do want to take care of my studio monitors since they do sound really good to me. :)

Good choice. Are you going to sell the other speakers next? You don't really need them anymore. And you could use the extra cash for CD or DVD's. Or anything else for that matter. You could even put it in the bank while you save more for your next upgrade.

JohnMichael
12-13-2005, 01:18 PM
I would like to thank SVI for starting threads. They give everyone a chance to show their comedic writing skills, memories of Looney Tunes cartoons and masterly skill with a limmerick. Applause to all and thanks for the laughs.

GMichael
12-13-2005, 01:31 PM
I would like to thank SVI for starting threads. They give everyone a chance to show their comedic writing skills, memories of Looney Tunes cartoons and masterly skill with a limmerick. Applause to all and thanks for the laughs.

I haven't given up hope yet. I was young and confused once myself.

Now I'm old and confused, but what the heck.

BEETLEMAN
12-13-2005, 01:42 PM
YES truely entertaining............... NEXT......