Stupid question about Vandersteen speakers? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question about Vandersteen speakers?

nightflier
12-06-2005, 02:49 PM
While the specs vary a bit, is there an actual physical difference between the small Vandersteen VLR-1 and the VCC-1?

The reason I'm asking is because a friend of mine received by mistake (and has been using) three VCC-1's across the front for his HT system. Just wondering if we should have the installer replace these.

nightflier
12-07-2005, 06:54 PM
Isn't there anyone out there who has these speakers?

Woochifer
12-07-2005, 07:46 PM
No idea if they're identical. I know that the VCC-1 is marketed as their center speaker and it uses a unique coaxial design, which might explain why it's probably the best matching center speaker I've heard (when paired with the 2ce). No idea if the VLR-1 is the same speaker or not. Designwise, it also uses a coaxial driver, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is identical. You might want to e-mail Vandersteen and get the answer from them.

nightflier
12-09-2005, 11:26 AM
You might want to e-mail Vandersteen and get the answer from them.

Aha, but there is the catch. There is no service or tech support email address that I could find.

Woochifer
12-09-2005, 01:03 PM
Well, I guess that since e-mail has yet to make its way to that part of Hanford (I know someone who lives on the other side of town from the Vandersteen facility, and she has e-mail) you'll have to get your info the old fashioned way -- directly! Here's their phone number -- (559) 582-0324