JBL Northridge - Cherry vs Black finish [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : JBL Northridge - Cherry vs Black finish

brucekramer
12-05-2005, 04:45 PM
Hello Everybody:

I'm from Canada (Vancouver, BC) and am looking to buy a JBL Northridge home theatre system (E90 towers, EC35 centre, E250P subwoofer, E50 surrounds) through the net. The difference in price between the cherry and black finishes is minimal (~ $100 for the entire system), so I am seriously considering the cherry for a change. Does anyone have these speakers in cherry? How good / bad is the finish? I've gone to Best Buys in both Vancouver and just across the border in Washington state but everyone seems to have only the black finish. Thanks for the help!

Dmax
12-06-2005, 03:56 AM
Here at a Best Buy in Louisiana we have JBL's Northridge HT set up in cherry.To be honest I like them both,which do you think would look best with your decor? I guess either would look good , I personally would save the money because its whats in the speaker that counts but you may be rich.

bjornb17
12-06-2005, 03:29 PM
i prefer the black finish on those speakers myself.

ruadmaa
12-06-2005, 06:20 PM
Hello Everybody:

I'm from Canada (Vancouver, BC) and am looking to buy a JBL Northridge home theatre system (E90 towers, EC35 centre, E250P subwoofer, E50 surrounds) through the net. The difference in price between the cherry and black finishes is minimal (~ $100 for the entire system), so I am seriously considering the cherry for a change. Does anyone have these speakers in cherry? How good / bad is the finish? I've gone to Best Buys in both Vancouver and just across the border in Washington state but everyone seems to have only the black finish. Thanks for the help!

I have seen these speakers in the Cherry finish and they are very attractive.

filecat13
12-06-2005, 09:20 PM
From a color perspective, the black is less intrusive, but the black vinyl is less convincing than the cherry, probably because the "ash look" requires more of an open grain look, while the cherry grain look is much finer. To me the cherry looks more realistic.