Good deal for Infinity Beta C360 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Good deal for Infinity Beta C360

bjornb17
12-05-2005, 02:27 PM
I'm getting ready to move a notch up the home theater sound ladder.

I may be selling off a couple of my MTX speakers in hopes of getting an Infinity Beta C360 center channel which I have been eye balling. The lowest price i can find is about $250 + $40 shipping (ebay). Do any of you know where i can get a better deal, or where i can get a better speaker for cheaper or equivalent price?

thanks!

bjornb17
12-06-2005, 03:23 PM
ended up buying an infinity beta C250 today from circuit city. i eagerly got home and hooked it up and was quickly dissapointed. it doesn't sound like anything special! What's the deal with this thing, its supposed to be pretty good, atleast better than the MTX speakers its replacing :mad:

Dmax
12-06-2005, 04:07 PM
Give them a chance, they've got to sound better than the MTX's, almost anything does.Traded my MTX's for Polk's at CC and never looked back.

GMichael
12-06-2005, 04:12 PM
ended up buying an infinity beta C250 today from circuit city. i eagerly got home and hooked it up and was quickly dissapointed. it doesn't sound like anything special! What's the deal with this thing, its supposed to be pretty good, atleast better than the MTX speakers its replacing :mad:

Hi Bjornb,

What are the other speakers in the mix? Do they match the Beta? I have the Primus line which is one step under the Beta's. Mine sounds great. But I have all Primus for 7.1.
The Beta's should have more of a tight response being sealed.
What are you driving them with?

GMichael
12-06-2005, 04:14 PM
Oops, HK. I should have remembered.

The HK should do great.

bjornb17
12-06-2005, 04:15 PM
HK AVR130. i have all MTX for the rest of the speakers with the exception of a velodyne cht-12 which is the sub. perhaps its the mismach which is bothering me?

Also, do speakers really need to be broken in? i just went back and tested a couple DVDs that my center channel struggled with and the new beta center seems to not have the same distortion that the MTX had.

Also, what is a good way to sell off the rest of my MTX speakers (i've been trying to come up with excuses to upgrade without breaking the bank). I'm trying to sell some of them off but they are very heavy :)

Dmax
12-06-2005, 04:26 PM
HK AVR130. i have all MTX for the rest of the speakers with the exception of a velodyne cht-12 which is the sub. perhaps its the mismach which is bothering me?

Also, do speakers really need to be broken in? i just went back and tested a couple DVDs that my center channel struggled with and the new beta center seems to not have the same distortion that the MTX had.

Also, what is a good way to sell off the rest of my MTX speakers (i've been trying to come up with excuses to upgrade without breaking the bank). I'm trying to sell some of them off but they are very heavy :) Which MTX front speakers do you have?

bjornb17
12-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Which MTX front speakers do you have?

Monitor12s for the fronts. center channel was a Monitor10 (previously had a Monitor6C there).

Dmax
12-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Monitor12s for the fronts. center channel was a Monitor10 (previously had a Monitor6C there). I had a pair of Monitor10s,they sounded great in the store but when I got them home that great sound didnt come along, just the bass.I think there best for rock and rap.May want to keep them for your garage or backyard parties, thats where they shine.

bjornb17
12-06-2005, 04:42 PM
I had a pair of Monitor10s,they sounded great in the store but when I got them home that great sound didnt come along, just the bass.I think there best for rock and rap.May want to keep them for your garage or backyard parties, thats where they shine.

i dont have a garage OR backyard parties. just a projection screen and receiver + dvd player ;-) I like them too, but a lot of people talk bad about MTX speakers. Not sure if they mean the monitor series specifically or just MTX in general.

Dmax
12-06-2005, 04:45 PM
i dont have a garage OR backyard parties. just a projection screen and receiver + dvd player ;-) I like them too, but a lot of people talk bad about MTX speakers. Not sure if they mean the monitor series specifically or just MTX in general.
I guess you dont need them then. How much are you selling the fronts for and what are there condition?

bjornb17
12-06-2005, 04:48 PM
the condition of them is still like-new. bought them about a year ago, i dust them off about once a weak. not sure what a fair price is. maybe like $200 for the pair + shipping if anybody is interested.

Dmax
12-06-2005, 04:56 PM
the condition of them is still like-new. bought them about a year ago, i dust them off about once a weak. not sure what a fair price is. maybe like $200 for the pair + shipping if anybody is interested.That is a darn good and fair price, shipping may be costly being that there pretty big speakers especially when boxed.You may want to try and sell locally first maybe at a college frat house,bar or someone you know who throws parties regularly.{ The fronts I mean ).

bjornb17
12-06-2005, 07:15 PM
where do you live? maybe you can buy them ;-) (probably unlikely since you got rid of the monitor 10s :))

Dmax
12-07-2005, 11:51 AM
where do you live? maybe you can buy them ;-) (probably unlikely since you got rid of the monitor 10s :))I live in Nacogdoches,Texas . I would love to buy them for parties but I dont know if I'll be giving any soon and I would have to figure out where to put them when im not using them. How much do you think shipping would cost from where you are?A nice bundle I would imagine and I guess they should definately be insured.

GMichael
12-07-2005, 12:32 PM
I live in Nacogdoches,Texas . I would love to buy them for parties but I dont know if I'll be giving any soon and I would have to figure out where to put them when im not using them. How much do you think shipping would cost from where you are?A nice bundle I would imagine and I guess they should definately be insured.

Bummer. You guys are in the same state but still almost 13 hours apart.

Dmax
12-07-2005, 01:38 PM
Bummer. You guys are in the same state but still almost 13 hours apart.Cool! I thought he was in some other state far away,13 hours is a long drive indeed but if theres a will theres definately a way I guess. Shipping cost should be much cheaper huh?

ToddL
12-07-2005, 01:52 PM

I sell Infinity Beta and can tell you that you got a good deal on them cost wise. Infinity tends to be a speaker that you love or hate, I am not huge fan but that is just me. The thing that I found made them sound a lot better was when they were powered properly (they are power hogs), and give them a chance on some action type movies that is where they will shine.

GMichael
12-07-2005, 01:55 PM
Cool! I thought he was in some other state far away,13 hours is a long drive indeed but if theres a will theres definately a way I guess. Shipping cost should be much cheaper huh?

Shipping costs are funny. As you get farther away the cost goes up. But as you get closer, the cost does not go down. I think Murphy has something to do with it.

Here's a link to UPS. Put in some numbers and see what you get.

http://wwwapps.ups.com/calTimeCost?loc=en_US&WT.svl=SubNav

bjornb17
12-07-2005, 01:56 PM
looks like shipping costs might be outrageous :( They're available for pickup though :)

Dmax
12-07-2005, 02:14 PM
looks like shipping costs might be outrageous :( They're available for pickup though :) What city do you live in? If I bought them I could also send you the money for packaging and shipping along with the price of the speakers instead of spending it for gas and a hotel room for rest which I will probably need trying to drive 13 hours going and 13 hours coming back. :p

bjornb17
12-07-2005, 02:26 PM
currently living in Canutillo, TX 79835 (pretty much a suburb of El Paso on the westernmost tip of texas) :) I have a friend who is considering buying them but it's not too likely. If he doesnt want them, they are all yours.

Dmax
12-07-2005, 02:50 PM
currently living in Canutillo, TX 79835 (pretty much a suburb of El Paso on the westernmost tip of texas) :) I have a friend who is considering buying them but it's not too likely. If he doesnt want them, they are all yours.Well I guess time will tell if we {THE SPEAKERS} are meant to be together.If I had to come and get them I wouldnt say its totally impossible to do but I know for sure that if I were to do that it could only be after Christmas, maybe even New Years.I am totally busy and booked up for the holidays dealing with family and friends plus im traveling for Christmas.I guess I'll just check in with you here every now and then to see whats up.

bjornb17
12-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Well I guess time will tell if we {THE SPEAKERS} are meant to be together.If I had to come and get them I wouldnt say its totally impossible to do but I know for sure that if I were to do that it could only be after Christmas, maybe even New Years.I am totally busy and booked up for the holidays dealing with family and friends plus im traveling for Christmas.I guess I'll just check in with you here every now and then to see whats up.

sounds good :) I'll let you know what happens by this weekend.

Dmax
12-07-2005, 03:12 PM
sounds good :) I'll let you know what happens by this weekend.Cool! :D