Photos: DIY Sub w/ Dayton Reference 10.00 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Photos: DIY Sub w/ Dayton Reference 10.00

jocko_nc
12-05-2005, 11:58 AM
Here are some project photos of the prototype. There will soon be two of these, satin black to match the monitors. Dayton Reference 10.00 High Fidelity. Dayton 240 watt plate amp. 57 L enclosure. Polyfill stuffed and ported with dual 2.00 Precision Ports at 16 inches.

I have a couple of slight modifications I would make to the cabinet, then I can post a CAD drawing, if anyone is interested.

Those are the Vandersteens currently used as a stand...

Anyway...

kexodusc
12-05-2005, 02:25 PM
Nice job, love the ports. How's it finished? Paint? Only 1?:)

jocko_nc
12-05-2005, 02:36 PM
That's just a primer / sealer. I'll block it down once more and putty any screw holes that still show through. Reminds me of my old rust-bucket cars!

I cut the port flange down for a three hole mount. Easier to get the grille on that way.

It's going to be satin black, just as soon as I get the cabinet for its twin and a third monitor finished... Better to do that all at once. At least I will be able to rotate cabinets while the various coats dry and keep my hands busy.

Thanks,

jocko

artic surf
02-04-2006, 11:28 AM
I'm interested in building something like this sub, so i wonder if u could send some drawings?

hans m

Here are some project photos of the prototype. There will soon be two of these, satin black to match the monitors. Dayton Reference 10.00 High Fidelity. Dayton 240 watt plate amp. 57 L enclosure. Polyfill stuffed and ported with dual 2.00 Precision Ports at 16 inches.

I have a couple of slight modifications I would make to the cabinet, then I can post a CAD drawing, if anyone is interested.

Those are the Vandersteens currently used as a stand...

Anyway...

jocko_nc
02-05-2006, 11:09 AM
Give me your address, please, and I will send it out.

jocko