IMF Super Compact speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : IMF Super Compact speakers

scottrhamilton
12-03-2005, 05:37 AM
I have a pair of IMF Super Compact speakers that I bought back in the 70s.

They have been basicaly unused for the last 8 -10 years and I am coming under
spousal pressure to transition them to someone who might use them on a
regular basis.

I ahve heard that these speakers still enjoy a good ranking among serious audiophiles.
I would be interested in verifying that this is indeed the case and where I might offer
them for sale.

I don't believe that they should fe offered on a venue such as Ebay but would like to
post them where people who value such equipment interact.

Scott

Florian
12-03-2005, 06:02 AM
http://imf-electronics.com/

Personally i would not expet much from the sale, but a good place is www.audiogon.com

JohnMichael
12-03-2005, 08:25 AM
Some folks are very interested in classic audio these days so they might sell very well for you. Those of us old enough to remember all their transmission loaded designs and the reputation they held in their days might be interested. I saw your name and I thought of the tenor sax player Scott Hamilton on some of my jazz albums. What a talent. Good luck selling your speakers and I do agree with Flo that audiogon would be the better place to find someone who would appreciate those speakers.

Florian
12-03-2005, 08:41 AM
Make sure you ask a fair price and find a good new home for them. Most people these days dont value good design anymore and might try to lowball you. Dont just give them away fro cookies.