Receiver [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Receiver

johnli08540
12-02-2005, 02:20 PM
I would like to buy a receiver to replace my old one. Somebody could give me a suggest which one is better for classic music:
Denon AVR 3805
Onkyo TX SR702.
I have Bose 701speakers

Thank you in advance for your helps.

Mark of Cenla
12-16-2005, 10:22 AM
I prefer the sound of Onkyo. I am sure either one would sound fine. Peace.

markw
12-16-2005, 10:26 AM
The reason I ask is that they are not your common HT speakers. If so, then you might want to consider two channel units instead of these multi-channel HT units.

BTW, I have no complaints about my Denon 2802 but, as the other guy said, either should please.

Resident Loser
12-16-2005, 10:39 AM
I would like to buy a receiver to replace my old one. Somebody could give me a suggest which one is better for classic music:
Denon AVR 3805
Onkyo TX SR702.
I have Bose 701speakers

...why HT models to listen to classical music? Both mfrs. have simple stereo rec's and unfortunately the Onkyo model you've listed doesn't seem to be in their current line-up so a direct comparison, while not impossible, will require some investigation.

Denon and Onkyo make decent stuff so either supplier would be a good choice, it really depends on the "bells and whistles" you require and your budget. Yamaha gear is routinely given a thumbs up by some, as is HK.

jimHJJ(...good luck...)

spacedeckman
12-30-2005, 06:24 PM
Denon AVR 3805
Onkyo TX SR702.
I have Bose 701speakers

You don't say what receiver you have now, or what the difficulty is with it. However, if your goal is to enjoy classical music, you need a speaker upgrade more than you need a new receiver. That is, unless your receiver is broken. Your receiver budget would buy a nice pair of speakers. Energy recently brought out the Ref-Con line which looks good, and seems to sound pretty good too, although I haven't paid much attention to the floorstanders, the bookshelf model is incredibly good. There are 100 other speaker lines out there that would be a significant improvement, and give you more bang for your buck.

JMHO, when you want an upgrade, think speakers first, they make the largest difference per dollar of any other component.

Space

brendy
01-01-2006, 07:29 AM
Best thing to do is try each one and let your ears decide.

shokhead
01-01-2006, 11:52 AM
You could save some money and get the 2805. I dont think you'll hear any difference with either Denon with those Bose. Like Space said,what receiver do you now have? Might be speakers are the way do go.